PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom furniture

retinajoy
10-06-2003, 07:15 AM
This is a still of an animation I am working on. Thanks for the WIP comments at:
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11408&highlight=bathroom

On this I used 3 area lights (one for shadow) at quality 3, plus some soft spotlights to get rid of harsh shadow areas. Rendered at low enhanced.

I would welcome any comments on this near final version, good or bad. Thanks!

js33
10-06-2003, 04:12 PM
Nice pic but I've never seen a bathroom with kitchen cabinets in it.:confused:

Cheers,
JS

Dillon
10-06-2003, 07:05 PM
Cookin' and sitting - ahhh, thats heaven

It looks good. For as many cabinets as you have in there, you'd think they might be deeper (holding towels?).

Dillon

TSpyrison
10-07-2003, 11:25 AM
How do you flush the toilet?
:D

10-07-2003, 12:42 PM
you don't - you were far to polite to dump in the man's kitchen !

retinajoy
10-07-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by js33
Nice pic but I've never seen a bathroom with kitchen cabinets in it.:confused:

Cheers,
JS

I know, but the bathroom company I am doing the anim for offers this type of stuff to people who want extravagant fully furnished bathrooms.

TSpyrison - you press the button above (rather than the more traditional handle lever). It is all very hi-tech.:D

Here are some more pics from the anim.

TSpyrison
10-07-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by retinajoy

TSpyrison - you press the button above (rather than the more traditional handle lever). It is all very hi-tech.:D

Cool :)

Is there a button to push to have a robotic arm come out and wipe your.. umm..

Anyway...

Looks good :)

SLAYER
10-08-2003, 08:04 AM
Tiles look very nice.

How do you make your tiled floor?

Is it one plane and image mapped or is each tile modeled and mapped indivisually? How do you get the groove between each tile?

Thanks

zany_gal
10-08-2003, 09:24 AM
uuuuh.... man.. ;)
the pics are damn nice!! lovely....
looks realistic... the tiled floors..u mapped them or modelled them one by one???

anyways... CCoooooooooolll!!!:D

retinajoy
10-08-2003, 09:56 AM
The walls tiles is one modelled tile (no sharp edges) that has been cloned using the array tool in modeller, the same goes for the divider tile. Using geometry in this case seemed to give better results than using a bump map. I have used a subtle bump map on the tile so not too smooth, and a strong bump map to follow the pattern on the divider tile. I also modelled the tile filler as this helps the realism (something has got to keep the tiles stuck together). Then add some colour to the tiles.

The floor tiles is a single polygon with a colour map and bump (to give the grooves) map applied. Plus a general bump map as most things are not totally smooth. Then as with the tiles, set the specular, gloss, diffuse and reflection using textures in some cases. You can also play with the incidence angle gradient in relection.

Anyway, this is a rough description of what I did for the tiles. Pleased you like the pics.

3DEagle
10-10-2003, 04:39 AM
Great!

But where is the embroided toilet paper?

Enjoy Sunshine in Life

Ole

P.S. Personally I do not like to have cabinets just above the sink...have hurt my head to many times already!

KeithJ
10-11-2003, 09:02 AM
Nice work, but I think your excelent modeling would be enhanced by a more emotive aproach to lighting.

I think with a little more contrast and a definate light direction your image would be much enhanced.

I have tried to attached an example of something similar I am curently working on to show you the type of thing I mean (I dunno if it will work though).

:)

retinajoy
10-11-2003, 04:44 PM
KeithJ - Like your image too and your lighting. I went for the well lit look because the cupboards, drawers etc are moving about in the animation presentation. Now you mention it though, the image could do with more contrast and a more obvious key light source. I have got some time still for some tweaking, so I will experiment a bit more with the lighting. Thanks for the lighting tips and image example as much appreciated.