PDA

View Full Version : MOTION MIXER - Animation Transfer Failure

ben martin
05-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Hi,

I need some help to understand why Motion Mixer is failing to apply motion from character “A” to character “B”.

Here it goes the flux (see attached image - scale the image to 100%)
1. Load character “A” with BONES RIGGED
2. Animate the bones (Character).
3. Open MMixer and create an actor from the bones rig (give it a name).
4. In MMixer save the bones animation. (.hmot file)
5. Clear Scene
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6. Load Character “B”
7. Open MMixer and create an actor from the bones rig (give it a name)
8. Load the previous saved (.hmot) file (from character “A”)
9. MMixer will inform that bones must be mapped from Character “A” to “B”.
10. REmap as you see fit.
11. Apply the loaded motion file (.hmot from Character “A” to character “B”) in MMixer time line.
12. Nothing happens!
13. Select the animation clip you dropped in the MMixer time line and verify “channel editor”.
14. It says “na” on ITEM CHANNEL, right?

Any clue why?

McLeft
06-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Same here. Looks like a bug.
Tested with 9.6 and 11... Mapping doesn't work with bones. Really annoying bug.

Ryan Roye
06-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Motion Mixer can be funny when it comes to transferring animation... i've run into this too. My "Ghetto" method was to purposely name the highest bone in the hierarchy to a different name to force motion mixer to prompt you to select an equivalent bone. Simply select the original name of your bone from the dual column list and theoretically it should fix your problem.

My theory, I think it has to do with motion mixer being confused with the way Lightwave identifies bones... and why Motion Mixer always seems to give a person hurdles when adding multiple characters controlled by it into a scene that use the same data files.

Not sure if this will help or not, but its a shot in the dark. Keep in mind I'm using version 9.6: