PDA

View Full Version : Changing shortcuts,Any use of j for Jump points?

prometheus
05-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Since the connect shortcut is "l" and I have switch that because I use the "l" for the loop command, so I was thinking of setting the connect shortcut as "j" now I donīt know If I ever will have any use of the jump point command, so in that sense it seems natural to change it so I can use the connect command with a close referens to Join, therefore the shortcut "j"

The closest is of course "c" for connect, but that is occupied with the curve command.

So do you guys ever use the jump point command?

Michael

lertola2
05-23-2011, 07:22 PM
I have "l" set to be the bridge command for some reason. I thought that was the default. For me connect is "option l". And I have the more useful connect-deselect lscript provided by evenflcw mapped to "option-shift-l". http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114624&highlight=connect+deselect

-Joe

probiner
05-24-2011, 01:16 AM
When i saw it on William's video i thought i was cool, but honestly i haven't use it ever. I think mainly because normally you don't want to have things moving around as imprecise as where your cursor is.

I think the best use it could have would be for example to bing to the viewport something that is very out of the view, especially if you can select it without seeing it.

Will try evenflow's plugin, thank for the tip =)