PDA

View Full Version : Audio Sync

squeegie
05-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Not sure how to ask this one..
I've been tasked with the job of creating real time animations that are synced to live music.
Think "Windows Media Player" visualizations.. something similar, but with a bit more detail.

The question I have is if anyone knows of a way to have Lightwave do this. I know we have an Audio Channel modifier, but how does one port that to a real time signal? Has anyone done anything like this with Lightwave, or am I going about this the wrong way?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Gumby22don
05-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Hi,

this thread links to at least one tutorial using that modifier, and mentions using it for Luminosity, Color etc in the Surface tab as well as the motion controllers:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89012&highlight=audio+channel+Modifier

Don
have a great day

netstile123
05-23-2011, 05:05 PM
I was in debate myself on music software for sound effects for my final cuts. I researched and tried a few trial additions. I finally ran into ACOUSTICA MIXCRAFT 5 . I Love it- sound clips and many many edit options includes video edit control and music edit wile you can load HI Def video clips and create music around your video files. I have not had much time to work with it other than it is so user friendly I was mixing tracks right away and it is not very spendy. I can say everyone should check it out. I don't work for them if anyone is asking.

Netvudu
05-25-2011, 05:32 AM
Also the Soundwave plugin for Lightwave seems to be free now.
http://walen.se/soundwave.html

wesleycorgi
05-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Using video clips, I've used vjay software like Livid Union that is sound triggered. Union enables to import simple OBJ objects that you can manipulate as well.

What I think your looking for is what I recently saw on a Maxon livestream, where the sound triggers the 3D object to deform in real time using C4D. This was pretty slick. I'll have to check out the LW motion channel modifier tute referenced above to see whether that would work with audio input.