PDA

View Full Version : what kind of computer do you use?

virtualcomposer
05-19-2011, 02:26 AM
Hey everyone. It's been a couple years since I've seen anyone post something about what computer you guys use for your main design and renders. Also, would love to see everyone's updated studio pictures as well. My wife and I are moving in a week to our new place in Larkspur, Colorado so I don't have anything set up yet but I do have a picture of what it looks like out of my future studio window. My wife took a picture of me of what I will see when creating and designing. If this doesn't get the imagination going then nothing will. :thumbsup: As for my computer, I use a Mac Pro 2.26 8-core machine with ATI 5770 and a Dell 2707 screen. I love running LW since everything looks so much bigger and crisper then my old 17" Macbook Pro. I would love to see everyone's updated studio and maybe what you see outside your windows for inspiration. :)

virtualcomposer
05-19-2011, 02:28 AM
I still can't believe this is our new "backyard"!!! Larkspur...population 325 persons. That's less people then one apartment building. We're also getting a cat which I believe is pretty standard for any Lightwaver out there. LOL

clagman
05-19-2011, 06:58 AM
My computer is dual 5490 Xeon, 16GB RAM, four 15k RPM harddrives, two quadro CX video cards, and 4 dell ultrasharp 2408WFP. Vista 64.

I'm digging your scenery. Good on ya! Oh by the way no cat here.

Nangleator
05-19-2011, 08:00 AM
If you're getting a kitten, you might want to consider two. That way, while they are of ankle-attacking age, they can wear each other down, instead of always ambushing the humans.

My home computer is black and shiny, with blue lights inside. The graphics card says something-450. Task Manager tells me it has two CPU usage histories. It says "syx" on the outside. Sex? Six?

My work computer is black and shiny. It has the word Dell on it, except the "e" is really crooked. Task Manager says it has four CPU usage histories. Like my home computer, it has four gigs. But unlike my home computer, it can only use three of them. Perhaps because of the crooked "e"?

virtualcomposer
05-19-2011, 12:02 PM
My computer is dual 5490 Xeon, 16GB RAM, four 15k RPM harddrives, two quadro CX video cards, and 4 dell ultrasharp 2408WFP. Vista 64.

I'm digging your scenery. Good on ya! Oh by the way no cat here.

WOW!! A 15K RPM harddrive??? If that spins any faster in might fly out of your computer! :lol:

virtualcomposer
05-19-2011, 12:03 PM
If you're getting a kitten, you might want to consider two. That way, while they are of ankle-attacking age, they can wear each other down, instead of always ambushing the humans.

My home computer is black and shiny, with blue lights inside. The graphics card says something-450. Task Manager tells me it has two CPU usage histories. It says "syx" on the outside. Sex? Six?

My work computer is black and shiny. It has the word Dell on it, except the "e" is really crooked. Task Manager says it has four CPU usage histories. Like my home computer, it has four gigs. But unlike my home computer, it can only use three of them. Perhaps because of the crooked "e"?

It's actually a 2 year old cat so it's out of the wild stage of ankle biting thank God. ( :

virtualcomposer
05-19-2011, 12:04 PM

Sounds like you have a Dell. LOL Do you have a picture of your computer set up? LED lights are cool! They add a unique visual aid to things.

Nangleator
05-19-2011, 12:19 PM
It looks like this. (http://images.highspeedbackbone.net/skuimages/large/syx1078gal1.jpg) The numbers next to it don't represent my setup, though. It's got grills instead of walls, and the blue lights make pretty patterns when I'm playing Penumbra or Painkiller in the dark.

Work one looks like This. (http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1/368pavilion/vostro410.jpg)