PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Used Clearcom intercom

pcre
05-17-2011, 03:04 PM
FRS: Bad
Eartec 900Mhz: Worse
Eartec 2.4Ghz: Even worse

Anyone want to sell me a used Clearcom or similar hard-wired intercom system?

Thanks!

PIZAZZ
05-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Give me a shout. I might have what you need

Jef at pizazzme dot com

lancelewis
06-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Sounds like you might not be a fan of eartec, but...here's my two cents. I have two eartec dramacom systems. Love them! I have had them for going on 10 years now and they have worked exactly as I have needed them two. I love that they are completely run on XLR, even the headsets (not so with Clearcom). They seem to run for less than clearcom as well (although it's been awhile sense I have purchased these).

It's a completely wired solution, and I wouldn't do it any other way!

pcre
06-08-2011, 12:42 AM
I can't speak to the wired Eartec systems, but their wireless systems just aren't practical in a production environment.

lancelewis
06-17-2011, 07:20 AM
I have never been a fan of anything wireless. When I first started live mixing about 10 years ago, we used cheap "family radio" type devices. The problem was, if I didn't keep my transmitter behind my back, I would get interference on the mix (not just the monitor) everytime I would talk. As mentioned previously, the eartec wired systems have served me very well since then!

pcre
06-17-2011, 12:18 PM
I ordered a production intercom system, and will likely be ordering a second set in a month or two. I would love to have the convenience of wireless, but with as much as we travel around, the odds of interference are just too high. Those odds would be improved with a more expensive wireless system, but that's not in the budget. Unfortunately, we had a couple of last minute productions, and had to rent a Telex wired system, which ended up costing about half of what it cost to buy the whole Production Intercom system!