PDA

View Full Version : Motion Blur Question

nickdigital
05-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Why would motion blur not render on an object that's using a lscript to drive it's motion? I'm using the RotorControl (http://newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119125&highlight=throttle) lscript and there's no motion blur. If I add another object and link the rotation via Same as Item there's no MB on the linked object.

I'm curious as to how Layout determines motion blur. I would assume anything that is moving from one frame to the next would get motion blur.

stiff paper
05-17-2011, 01:53 PM
This sounds like one of those strange instances where one part of LW isn't letting another part "see" what's going on. Usually there's some convoluted and mad way of tricking LW into seeing the motion.

Can't you bake the motion before rendering?

Or... umm... maybe... umm... is it just rotation? Hmm... convoluted and mad... maybe... use anchor to stick a null to the first object and see if SaI works when pointed at the null?

nickdigital
05-17-2011, 02:00 PM
I'm sure baking would solve the problem. I was just surprised that motion blur wasn't being rendered just because of this lscript.

I've attached the files if anyone wants to see the problem. Using SAI linked to an object that is being controlled by this lscript doesn't help either.

stiff paper
05-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Well... it isn't all of layout that can't see the motion, because if you emit particles from the surface of the box then the particles know the box is rotated and emit correctly.

Also... if you use old fashioned classic motion blur you can watch as the keyframed boxes rotate for each pass while the rotor-ed boxes don't move.

I'm guessing, but it looks like an "order" thing, where the rotation is happening after everything else is done.

nickdigital
05-17-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm guessing, but it looks like an "order" thing, where the rotation is happening after everything else is done.

Hm, that's interesting.