PDA

View Full Version : VT[5] Audio recording

mueller
05-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Hi,

at a festival we use VT[5] for Live Video and record the video with audio. Nevertheless I can only record the audio if I open "pass through" in the audio mixer. Otherwise VT[5] records only the video without any sound. Is there another posibilty to record the audio?

I can't open "pass through", because we play some videos and send the sound to the audio technician - and he doesn't want the sound back he sents me for recording...

Thank you for helping!

nevmoor
05-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Do you have the VTPro card and an SX84?

mueller
05-18-2011, 04:28 AM
Yes. For the video signals I use SX-SDI.

mueller
05-25-2011, 12:57 AM
Hmm... I try it in an other way.

Is there somebody who can help me with the capture tool? I don't know which audio signal VT records when I'm capturing the video signal. Is it the VT In or the VT Out signal? Can I change this?

Thanks!

nevmoor
05-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Sorry I didnt chime in to finish this up. Your VT SX84 should have 4 XLR outs. 2 are "front" and 2 are "back". What I generally do is set any DDR or computer generated sources to go out the back outputs, take those signals out into the main house mixer, and then take a feed from the house mixer back into the VT. I am not in front of a system right now so I cant tell you the exact buttons to push. Also, you should be capturing the PROGRAM out.
I will update you when I have a chance to look at my settings, if no one else jumps in first.

mueller
05-27-2011, 10:32 AM
The last time we used VT with ddr and capture we did it like you wrote.
The back outs made some noise on the audio signal. In some older threads this is also mentioned. So this time we want to do it another way - if possible. Maybe we get a solution for good audio on the back outs.

Keith Gandy
05-28-2011, 05:33 AM
Mueller, I am in Germany. Can I be of any help?

Check in preferences and capture > output.
Maybe I am wrong, but if you must activate pass through, could it be that your audio channel is not set properly? Is something muted? Is Signal In set at the proper level?

mueller
05-30-2011, 01:45 PM
I can't find this setting you mean.

Auf deutsch:
Die von genannte Einstellung konnte ich nicht finden.
Der Soundpegel ist auf allen Eingängen hoch genung, ebenso Signal In.
Auf deutsch ist das ganze dann doch etwas einfacher ;-)

Keith Gandy
05-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Mueller: Auf deutsch dachte geht es doch etwas einfacher. Morgen bin ich wieder im Büro und wir konnten einiges besprechen, wenn es dir eine Hilfe ist. Ich schicke dir ein PM mit emailadresse.