PDA

View Full Version : Image Maps on Character's Surface Disappear

Roadwarrior
05-16-2011, 12:22 AM
Have an animation of a Character Walking for 200 Frames.
1st frame to 40th its ok, then as the character walks from frame 40-200
Image maps disappear on the hair and on the eye lashes
and turns to white as thou hes lost his hair color

The Image on the rest of the clothing and body parts are fine
Bit puzzled as to why it works on some areas and not others

"Phil Collins" this guy is not mean't to be ....Sorry Phil!:)

Dexter2999
05-16-2011, 12:26 AM
You have them mapped using UV's?

Roadwarrior
05-16-2011, 12:27 AM
Yup sure do

Dexter2999
05-16-2011, 12:49 AM
No envelopes on opacity or anything?

Roadwarrior
05-16-2011, 12:51 AM
Nope Just Color map and a transparent map in surface editor

Dexter2999
05-16-2011, 12:56 AM
How is your transparency map applied?

Roadwarrior
05-16-2011, 04:37 AM
Here it is
This surface runs fine in other scenes created but not this 200Framer

Ps.Dongle Offline so am in discovery mode atm.

JamesCurtis
05-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Is the texture using a null or another object as a reference object?

If so, the position of the null or other object would affect the texture positioning.

Roadwarrior
05-19-2011, 12:08 AM
Yep! the characters body bones are parented to a master control null which
keeps everything together
The clothing is parented to the characters body bones
The hair is parented to the characters head bone.

Roadwarrior
06-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Heres an update

Roadwarrior
06-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Color Map & Transparency maps are loaded onto the hair surfaces
played around with the transparent maps thinking this is the problem
Checked the nulls and as posted earlier this rig works fine untouched in other scenes.
Move the entire scene with a master null at different xyz coordinates to see that it could eliminate the blasted problem, but nope.
This scene is in LW9.6 64bit
The textures are 2252 x 2252 Pixels
for anybody else with surface troubles like
this

nomad108
06-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Maybe you're running low on memory? Try with a lower resolution copy of the image as a test.

kevman3d
06-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Checked the nulls and as posted earlier this rig works fine untouched in other scenes.
Move the entire scene with a master null at different xyz coordinates to see that it could eliminate the blasted problem, but nope.

The only time the nulls will be a problem is if you have them selected in the texture editor, not if they're just used on a rig... :)

Sounds very odd though. Nothing else in your scene other then your character?

You're not using any kind of morphs or other deformation after frame 40 that may have modified the geometry? In the past I recall we used to have the odd issue with UV maps related to morphs that were used for unfolding geometry temporarily, but left in the model. I think at the time that was a bug. If you have any "do nothing" morphs, perhaps trash them completely and see if that helps.
Try making the UV image 2048x2048 in case its something to do with that (ie. UV maps (for video hardware at least) used to need to be 64,128,256,512,1024,2048,4096 pixels... This shouldn't be an issue - but when I'm trouble-shooting I'll try anything with a "just in case" mindset :D )
You don't have another image with the same file name in your images folder, but with a number at the end that might be picking up an "image sequence" glitch somewhere after frame 40?
No envelope on your image layer in the texture editor? (I think you already checked that)
No other layers in the texture on top of the image that might be causing a problem?
Nothing in the image editor (ie. image filters, etc)?
Press "w" in Layout and find out if (as mentioned) it could be a ram issue by what is loaded
Deactivate the Mipmapping options on all your images (both in texture editor and also image editor) - that could be an issue as well depending on whether its using the mipmaps (and somewhere after frame 40 or so its somehow screwed up)
So this image disappears in both OpenGL desktop view and Renders as well, or is it just one or the other?

Hmmm. Tricky problem.

Danner
06-11-2011, 07:34 AM
I noticed the object was an obj originally, probably imported from another app, try setting the Vertex Normal Map to none in the surface editor.

Roadwarrior
06-17-2011, 02:48 AM
Sounds very odd though. Nothing else in your scene other then your character? .....Yes there is buildings lots of em!

You're not using any kind of morphs or other deformation after frame 40 that may have modified the geometry?

Yes i am have tryed trashing and that didn't work!

Try making the UV image 2048x2048 in case its something to do with that

Yet to do this

You don't have another image with the same file name in your images folder, but with a number at the end that might be picking up an "image sequence" glitch somewhere after frame 40?

Nope

No envelope on your image layer in the texture editor? (I think you already checked that)

Nope

No other layers in the texture on top of the image that might be causing a problem?

Nope

Nothing in the image editor (ie. image filters, etc)?

Nope

Press "w" in Layout and find out if (as mentioned) it could be a ram issue by what is loaded

Only have Quadcore & 2gig running its low by todays I7 Speed Freaks
may be the real issue??

Deactivate the Mipmapping options on all your images (both in texture editor and also image editor) - that could be an issue as well depending on whether its using the mipmaps (and somewhere after frame 40 or so its somehow screwed up)

MiMaps have been dactivated for any screw ups

So this image disappears in both OpenGL desktop view and Renders as well, or is it just one or the other?

Runs fine in OpenGL its when we hit Render that the images go missing.
:)