PDA

View Full Version : sitting area

otacon
05-14-2011, 02:43 PM
I just finished up this little scene for fun. I wanted to really concentrate on detail and photorealism. Comments welcome.:D

http://jasonallenlee.com/images/cg/sittingarea2.jpg

http://jasonallenlee.com/images/cg/details1s.jpg

http://jasonallenlee.com/images/cg/details2s.jpg

Svenart
05-14-2011, 03:14 PM
the scene looks absolut photoreal. The choice of models is also very good in general. Only critical point could be, that (in my opinion) lamp and table look much to old and used. Who would use this by choice? They look like from a dump or bulky waste :)

however, awesome work man!

otacon
05-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Thanks. The decorating style is something like vintage industrial modern, where you mix old and new together. I've been interested in this look lately, so thats why I used the older table and lamp.

Dexter2999
05-14-2011, 04:03 PM
great renders.

that chair is bizarre.

titin
05-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Great as usual, congratulations

Iain
05-15-2011, 04:41 AM
Nice lighting.

I love the table-it looks perfect. I agree about the other props though-the lamp in particular looks far too distressed to me. I'd say it's crossed over the line from 'vintage' to 'junk' :hey:.

Cageman
05-15-2011, 04:59 AM
Nice! Well done, Otacon! :thumbsup:

I wonder though... what are the rendertimes like on pics like this?

funk
05-15-2011, 06:29 AM
Brilliant work man!

Pavlov
05-15-2011, 10:41 AM
excellent as usual ! LW's engine ?
My only critic is back wall, it's not clear if these are white painted bricks or ceramic tiles. They look rounded like old ceramics, but opaque like white painted bricks. I found myself concentrating on this because my eye couldnt give that surface a precise identity.

Paolo

otacon
05-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Thanks. I may have went too far with the texturing on the lamp..a lot of that was done in post. The rendertime was about 90 min for the main view, and maybe 30 min for the closeups.... can't remember exactly.

All LW. I did a lot of it in LW 10 using linear workflow and the vpr was a big help. The brick wall was bugging me too. I don't think theres enough small detail on them. Heres some wires.

Svenart
05-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Please think about to post some of your work at Deviantart. DA has a extreme large community and Im sure they will love your work. There is also a Lightwave group on DA, and we still need a lot more members and great work to show the worldthe power of LW.

here a link to the lw group: http://lightwave-artists.deviantart.com/

MDSPECIFIC
05-16-2011, 11:48 AM
I like it!!! :)
It' clean, nice models, textures and composition! DOF is cool!
Just couple of things for photo-realism if I may suggest.
More natural bluish outdoor light and some background/sky (white is more like neon), glass reflection, little chromatic aberration and little bloom effect, maybe small volumetric light. Replace rust/turbulence procedural on lamp (vase texture is good).
What do you think about floor fillet?

Snosrap
05-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Great as always otacon! My only crit wouldbe where the brick wall meets the floor, just doesn't seem right.

otacon
05-16-2011, 10:49 PM
Thanks. I will keep those comments in mind. Where the brick meets the floor is a little weird...maybe it needs more dirt.

"What do you think about floor fillet?" not sure i understand the question...the floor boards?

MDSPECIFIC
05-17-2011, 06:50 AM
Thanks. I will keep those comments in mind. Where the brick meets the floor is a little weird...maybe it needs more dirt.

...the floor boards?

Skirting board, could be rough skirting board. :)
You can do better alignment between bricks line and floor boards.

otacon
05-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Yeah I thought about putting one of those in. Might have helped. Some of the reference I was looking at had no skirting board and I liked the way it looked.

Iain
05-17-2011, 12:00 PM
I think its fine without skirting. Things like curtains and skirting boards are necessities in real life but images can look a lot better without them :D

Also, bricks and tiles can withstand vacuum cleaning and other wear and tear at floor level that plaster can't.

Tobian
05-17-2011, 03:44 PM
other than some of the issues others have mentioned I really love this piece! I like how crisp and clean the images look!

djwaterman
06-11-2011, 06:35 AM
Upon scrutiny, I would agree with comments about the brick wall, looks like a shop display fake brick wall cast in resin, not like painted brick. Everything else is perfect I'd say.