PDA

View Full Version : Antec Kühler H20

BigHache
05-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Does anyone have any hands-on with the 620 or the 920? I have the Corsair H50 which does a decent job, but I was looking at trying one of these out.

WCameron
05-14-2011, 09:44 AM
The thing is the technology is pretty standard isnt it? what changes from one revision to the next? are they using purer copper? is the pump stronger? Different cooling liquid?

I kinda think its a big marketing thing (especially if you look at the prices). I'm real happy with my H50. I7 950 quadcore idles at about 95 or so. Messing with graphic apps I shoot up to maybe 110 or so. I can max all four physical and all 4 virtual cores to about 155 doing a Vray render. Average Environment temp where the computer is flutters around in the 70's or so at the moment.

I am kinda dreading this coming summer, it its as bas as they are predicting...

really interested to hear other peoples comments though. Might have to upgrade! heh.

- Will.

BigHache
05-15-2011, 04:59 PM
This tech is getting more standard yes. The Corsair Hydro's aren't really revisions, more than they are bigger and smaller versions of basically the same thing most specifically in the radiator sizes.

There definitely is marketing hype. I've been satisfied with the H50, the one thing I'd call a complaint is the stiffness of the tubes, but that stiffness also prevents kinks. Are the pumps bigger? Probably the exact same size.

I really consider this type of product a starting point in liquid cooling, the next step being to build your own loop.

Lamont
05-15-2011, 05:14 PM
I run an H70 with gentle typhoon AP-15's. Temps so far have not been above 29c with them so far. Under load it gets to about 40c.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2851501/LG_R3NonBeauty.jpg

Lamont
05-15-2011, 05:21 PM
I used to run the H70 with the Fractal Design 9dB 120mm fans. It was insanely quiet. But I found that you can max out the RPM's of the fan on a hard render. If you're looking for dead silence, you can use fans from Fractal Design (9dB) as case fans with a Thermaright passive heat sink (fanless).

http://www.thermalright.com/products/?act=data&id=95&cat_id=27

Stock Corsair fans are loud. Seriously loud.

BigHache
05-17-2011, 07:10 AM
Sweet setup. I currently have my H50 on the case front with a Gelid Solid on the front, and a Triebwerk on the back. I'm going to have to do like you have with the new case.