PDA

View Full Version : When is the Lino Grande Rigging DVD out?

Curly_01
05-13-2011, 12:53 PM
When is the Lino Grande Rigging DVD out?

I've just received my DVD of Lightwave 10 and the seller told me the rigging DVD will be available later. What abou Core membership ? Are you a LW Core member when you have LW 10?

Cageman
05-13-2011, 02:16 PM

I don't know.

I've just received my DVD of Lightwave 10 and the seller told me the rigging DVD will be available later.

Cool! :)

What abou Core membership ? Are you a LW Core member when you have LW 10?

I think so. But I can't really say. My best bet here is to contact NewTek support and ask.

hrgiger
05-13-2011, 02:18 PM

I've just received my DVD of Lightwave 10 and the seller told me the rigging DVD will be available later. What abou Core membership ? Are you a LW Core member when you have LW 10?

Yes, anyone who has bought Lightwave 10 is automatically enrolled in hardcore/CORE membership. I think that is going on until CORE is released to the public.

As far as the Lino DVD, they are finished with it for the most part, just doing finishing stuff on it. Should be any time now.

calilifestyle
05-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Don't forget the shirts..... yes i know if you went to Sigg. you might have gotten one.

hrgiger
05-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Shirts came a while ago. Most got the right size even.

caesar
05-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Yes, anyone who has bought Lightwave 10 is automatically enrolled in hardcore/CORE membership. I think that is going on until CORE is released to the public.

I think CORE membership is valid for 12 months and starts counting AFTER CORE release, and when it's due you need to renew it for a fee.

hrgiger
05-13-2011, 07:40 PM
I think CORE membership is valid for 12 months and starts counting AFTER CORE release, and when it's due you need to renew it for a fee.

No that's changed. Current CORE memberships are valid until just before LW 11 ships. Hardcore is no longer an annual membership. It will coincide with Lightwave releases.
Once the first version of CORE ships (which is still a part of LW 10), no new hardcore memberships will be available. Only those with memberships will be able to upgrade their Lightwave for the special price. $395 for those who bought before the end of March 2009 and $495 for those who bought after. Those prices for CORE members are guaranteed for the next 5 upgrades. If you don't get in on hardcore memberships, Lightwave upgrades are supposed to be $695 for the next version.

caesar
05-13-2011, 07:48 PM
No that's changed. Current CORE memberships are valid until just before LW 11 ships. Hardcore is no longer an annual membership. It will coincide with Lightwave releases.
Once the first version of CORE ships (which is still a part of LW 10), no new hardcore memberships will be available. Only those with memberships will be able to upgrade their Lightwave for the special price. $395 for those who bought before the end of March 2009 and $495 for those who bought after. Those prices for CORE members are guaranteed for the next 5 upgrades. If you don't get in on hardcore memberships, Lightwave upgrades are supposed to be $695 for the next version.

What about the future XX.5 updates being paid? NT changed his mind?

EDIT: I prefer Hardcore this new way, tied with LW releases.

hrgiger
05-13-2011, 07:50 PM
What about the future XX.5 updates being paid? NT changed his mind?

future xx.5 updates? What do you mean?

Do you mean like 10.x releases, 10.1, 10.5....?

caesar
05-13-2011, 07:51 PM
future xx.5 updates? What do you mean?

Do you mean like 10.x releases, 10.1, 10.5....?

Not .1 updates, but 10.5, 11.5 ...

hrgiger
05-13-2011, 08:04 PM
Well, originally, only those with a hardcore membership would be receiving point upgrades during their membership time. But so much has changed since CORE was announced, it's hard to say with any certainty what the plan is now. I don't want to give you any information that is not correct. I will see if I can find some clarification on that point.

Or of course if anyone from Newtek stumbles across this, maybe they can clarify.

hrgiger
05-13-2011, 08:07 PM
EDIT: I prefer Hardcore this new way, tied with LW releases.

I do as well. I think originally, they thought they were going to stick with a 12 month release cycle but I think now they've taken a more realistic approach and with developing both Lightwave and CORE simultaneously, it was just an impractical time table.

caesar
05-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Well, originally, only those with a hardcore membership would be receiving point upgrades during their membership time. But so much has changed since CORE was announced, it's hard to say with any certainty what the plan is now. I don't want to give you any information that is not correct. I will see if I can find some clarification on that point.

Or of course if anyone from Newtek stumbles across this, maybe they can clarify.

Thanks. Maybe NT is still deciding it like all the rest...

jeric_synergy
05-14-2011, 06:42 PM
Most got the right size even.
How hard is that with a bunch of animators?

TeZzy
05-14-2011, 07:52 PM
They got the size so wrong with our ones that we could actually parachute off the building with it.

dwburman
05-19-2011, 12:35 AM
I think only charter members (those who jumped in at the $395 price) get the shirts. I didn't get one, but I didn't upgrade until last September.

safetyman
05-19-2011, 05:45 AM
We recently bought 9.6 and we get a free upgrade to 10, although mine hasn't come in yet. Does that also mean we get CORE also when it comes out?

hrgiger
05-19-2011, 11:11 AM
We recently bought 9.6 and we get a free upgrade to 10, although mine hasn't come in yet. Does that also mean we get CORE also when it comes out?

Yes. CORE is part of Lightwave 10.