PDA

View Full Version : LiveU

absolutedave
05-12-2011, 10:59 PM
My name is Dave Rosen, I am the owner of Absolute Rentals in Burbank

I was hired to rent and operate one of our triCaster 850s for a gig in Hawaii and they also needed to use the a third party live streaming wireless device. We used the LiveU. We had a number of issues. I believe it is a good device but our particular experience was not the best. Does anybody have any LiveU experience. If not, what else would you recommend

Http://www.absoluterentals.comhttp://www.absoluterentals.com

bbeanan
05-13-2011, 08:10 AM
Personally I have never seen what I consider a good webcast done via any cellular based connection. Personally I would look into getting a sat uplink data connection.

...and hey if you need a freelancer to take care of the client for you let me know!

GeekNews
05-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Next time you come to Hawaii and need a 850 make sure you give me a holler, I think I have the only one in the state.

Second LiveU has worked well for a lot of people in a variety of venues. But one thing to remember about Hawaii is you have one heck of a back haul and although we have decent 3g and 4g coverage it is not the same as in in the lower 48.

In Hawaii we have a very hard time getting decent uplink speeds. The best the business class cable can do is just under a 1 meg but I find in Hawaii about the best uplink speed I can count on is about 550kbps on a single wireless connection about 350kbps

Hawaii also has areas where there simply is little to no signal so you have to deal with that especially if you are shooting in a remote location which would have impacted the LiveU significantly.

Todd..

Todd...

My name is Dave Rosen, I am the owner of Absolute Rentals in Burbank

I was hired to rent and operate one of our triCaster 850s for a gig in Hawaii and they also needed to use the a third party live streaming wireless device. We used the LiveU. We had a number of issues. I believe it is a good device but our particular experience was not the best. Does anybody have any LiveU experience. If not, what else would you recommend

Http://www.absoluterentals.comhttp://www.absoluterentals.com