PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave User-Groups?

Toxic3D
05-11-2011, 06:26 AM
How'dee...

I've been away from the Lightwave sceen for a bit and was looking for a User-Group in the "Boston, Southern New Hampshire" area and couldn't find any such animal. In fact what I found was a total lack of information concerning User-Groups associated with Lightwave at all. The last User-Group that I heard of was almost 8 years ago! It was being held at Northeastern U. until their education director or someone to that effect decided that he was going to pull the plug on Lightwave all together... and did just that. Everything associated with Lightwave was discontinued and their 3D studies jumped ship and went to Maya if I'm not mistaken.

I'm a bit confused how an "Industry Leader" in the field of 3D has so little interaction between its users. I mean websites are fine, but why does there seem to be no motivational meetings between users when it comes to Lightwave? I mean I can fine one User-Group after another when it comes to 3dMax, Maya, an so on, but hardly any interation between Lightwave users, other than through the 'net.

"Hopefully I'm missing something and someone can shed some [I]Light[I] on this for me... So is there any kind of list of User-Groups associated with Lightwave, or am I out of luck..?"

Toxic3D...

Nangleator
05-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Been using LW since '95 and never met another user in person, that I know of. Never really looked, though. I'll watch this thread to see if it's just more than us two in this area.

torturebori007
05-27-2011, 06:12 AM
Lightwave user "begginer" in milwaukee, WI....we should really get this going. For the Love of Lightwave. And to keep it alive.

JeffrySG
05-27-2011, 08:05 AM
My suggestion is if you really want to go to a user group in your area just start posting here in a new thread for a specific location asking if people will come. Maybe one of the people has a space large enough to host the meeting. At the NYC meetings everyone would chip in 5 bucks to cover some food and drinks for the meeting, etc.