PDA

View Full Version : Bezier spline request..

TSpyrison
10-04-2003, 08:05 PM
I would like to be able to make a spline, drop the tool, the be able to go back to that curve later on and re-adjust the curve using the bezier spline controls....

Matt
10-05-2003, 07:56 AM
Me too! Otherwise the tool is very limiting, you have to get it right first time or you're stuffed!!!

Elmar Moelzer
10-05-2003, 09:00 AM
There are many tools where this request applies.
I too think that this should be possible, but I doubt that it would be too easy.
CU
Elmar

Bernie
10-05-2003, 05:40 PM
I also think that being able to control via Bezier splines would be a very useful tool.. I would add that all motions paths in LW should also appear with the bezier spline controls on them in the viewports not just via a graph ed.. .. we could go a step further that these modeling tools using splines could hold the spline into Layout to animate them for the deformation and growth .. ie adding geometry on the fly. I have to say the spline controls are very intuitive .. anyone with an illustrator background can figure it out. And they improve workflow. Spline controls should be deaply integrated into the whole LW MOD package just like bones and subpatch.

sailor
10-06-2003, 12:30 AM
my 2 cents,

if Layout and Modeler were integrated then you could have point level animation and also animating and then tweaking the geo afterwards...

if we had History we could tweak the spline and see the geometry updating...

if we had Nurbs we could have edit points, CV's and also Bezier manipulators ....

Integration

History

Nurbs

i've being asking for these for a long time...

Exper
10-06-2003, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by sailor
i've being asking for these for a long time... Me too! ;)

Matt
10-06-2003, 06:02 AM
an old mock up now . . .