PDA

View Full Version : Product Lock ID versus Serial Number

safetyman
05-10-2011, 06:33 AM
I have a new install of LW 9.6, but my company IT guy installed it, so I have no idea how to get this thing registered so it works.

The instructions say "When you have finished the install process, a dialog box will pop up telling you the 'Product Lock ID' for the dongle. The dongle is required to run the LightWave software. Write down the 'Product Lock ID', as you will need this to register your software."

Is the Product Lock ID different from the serial number? If so, where do I find the serial number if I don't have the disks/box that came with the package? Please don't tell me I have to go to my IT people and try to get them to find the serial number because I'd rather pull out a few teeth.

Lightwolf
05-10-2011, 06:44 AM
Please don't tell me I have to go to my IT people and try to get them to find the serial number because I'd rather pull out a few teeth.
In that case go pull out a few teeth then ;)

The serial number is printed either on the package or the manual.
The dongle ID itself is displayed within LW.
You need both to register.

Cheers,
Mike

safetyman
05-10-2011, 07:14 AM
I wasn't very attached to those choppers anyway. :(

wrench
05-10-2011, 02:39 PM
The Product Lock ID is the same as the Dongle ID is the same as the Product Key ID and the Lock ID - all terms NewTek uses to describe the same thing...

B

safetyman
05-11-2011, 05:54 AM
That's what I figured but I wanted to be sure. So --- since my IT people seem to have lost the serial number, can NT provide that or am I screwed?

Lewis
05-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Pretty sure that NT can "generate" you new serial number if you provide them your data/dongle number.

Snosrap
05-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Did he attach the Dongle to your PC?

safetyman
05-17-2011, 06:11 AM
Well, after much fenagling and gnashing of teeth, I was able to obtain the serial number and everything is working now.... except.... the fonts in the Lightwave interface are still too big. Grrrrrr. In Win7, how can I fix this? I've tried all the settings through windows; it's set to smaller (100%), 96dpi fonts etc. This has no effect on the font sizes in LW. I have an nVidia Quadro FX 2800M, but there are no settings in it's control panel for adjusting font size in applications.