PDA

View Full Version : Saving LW modeler CFG?

SLAYER
10-04-2003, 02:53 PM
Good:
I have all of my menus customized with all of my favorite 3rd party plug-ins and everything. I save the Modeler Preferences cfg, Cool. Now I can always load this to keep Modeler just as I like it.

Problem:
If I need to reinstall LW I can get my modeler preferences back via the above, but what about all of the plug-ins being loaded? The commands for the plug-ins will be there, but the plug-ins themselves, would not be loaded. Do I need to reinstall all of my plug-ins, or is there a master CFG file that I can copy to someplace that I can keep in case this happens? Would the Hub.cfg file store all of this info?

So, if I copy my hub.cfg to someplace and reinstall LW at which point it will be in all of its default glory. Can I then replace the newly installed hu.cfg file with the version I had saved and then load my modeler preferences cfg and be back as everything was before the re-load?

Thanks

riki
10-05-2003, 01:52 AM
Just rescan your plugin directory and then load the custom menu .cfg file.

mlinde
10-05-2003, 02:38 PM
Just a thought, although you have the configs backed up, you might want to backup your menu configuration and keyboard shortcuts seperately as well. This can be done from their configuration panels.

UnCommonGrafx
10-05-2003, 04:43 PM
A user after my own heart...
Slayer, do a search on your c drive for *.cfg; find where your lw configs are and navigate to that directory.
Lots don't know that some of their plugins actually write their configs here, as well. To that end, an attempt to reinstall elsewhere misses something.
Copy all the files you think might be relative to lw elsewhere.
The knowledge of where this dir is is bonus material all around: use those configs to configure your screamernet setup, too.