PDA

View Full Version : Render ALL FRAMES from ALL CAMERAS?

objuan
05-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Hi, I have set up a Flash viewer that lets my user watch my animation (jpg sequence) from any of 15 different camera views. Kinda like an interactive Matrix Cam.

Is there a way to easily render EVERY frame from every camera in the scene?

I see lots of posts talking about switching cameras with CameraSelector, but I dont see anything about what I want.

I want to press ONE button - and have it render out:
CAM1_frame001.jpg to CAM1_frame300.jpg
CAM2_frame001.jpg to CAM2_frame300.jpg
CAM3_frame001.jpg to CAM3_frame300.jpg
and so on...

and then when the client says, "That's great, but can we make that 2 inches taller?" - I can make it 2 inches taller in ONE scene, and press that ONE button, and go home for the night and come back the next morning and have all my frames ready to roll.

I suppose 2 or 3 buttons would be alright.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dexter2999
05-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Save them out as separate scenes then put them in the Screamernet Que?

objuan
05-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Yeah,

But that is like 10+ buttons to save each scene, pick each camera, set each scene's output name. Then do all that x 15 for each camera.

And then every time I (they) make the slightest change, I have to do it all over again.

I found a MCBR script at http://www.ats-3d.com/ that automates writing out each of the camera scenes for you, but if you tell each camera to render the full range of frames, then each progressive scene will write over the frames that the previous scene just labored soo hard to produce.

I don't know much about scripting in LW. How can I tell each scene to output to a variable name?

SaveRGBPrefix (get path and name from output of base scene + variable for current camera)

?

jeric_synergy
05-05-2011, 01:33 PM
How much is this solution worth to you?*

I suggest you hire a coder/scripter, specify the features you want and the $$$ you want to pay, and have someone code this for you.

Here's where to find such services:
http://www.newtek.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50

*(Another way to ask "How much is your time worth to you?")