PDA

View Full Version : Finding Fiber FX.

Boobyman
05-04-2011, 05:48 PM
How do i get Fiber FX in Layout. I go to Windows, then Processing, then scroll down to add Pixel Filters where the Fiber FX should be according to this tutorial.

Boobyman
05-04-2011, 07:43 PM
I found an older thread here about the same topic, but it's for an older version of LW. I have the latest version. I also tried looking into plugins in Layout and only ended up getting more lost and confused then before.

prometheus
05-05-2011, 07:17 AM
It should be there, but Itīs called fiber filter under add pixel filters.

Michael

Boobyman
05-05-2011, 07:54 AM
It should. These are the options in the Add Pixel Filter...

Halftone
LW Hypervoxels
LW Hypervoxels_ Doubler
Math Filter
Skytracer
Steamer
Steamer_Double

prometheus
05-05-2011, 08:20 AM
go to the utilities tab, edit plugins, the fiber fx filter plugin is called FFlt..and
locate it and add it from the lightwave plugin/effect folder...it should be there...just add it manually or scan folders.

Michael

Boobyman
05-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Thanks, i finally located the thing and added it. Now i'm having hell finding Multishift. My brain is bleeding.

Boobyman
05-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Gotdayum u lightwave!!

prometheus
05-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Thanks, i finally located the thing and added it. Now i'm having hell finding Multishift. My brain is bleeding.

multishift is part of the modeler tools plugin wich can be found in the plugins modeler folder.

if you are looking for a certain plugin, I would recomend go to utilities tab in modeler and under edit plugins you can look for plugins that way, in this case I browsed through with the category settings, and searched under modeler, there you can find the multishift name, and what plugin it is related to.

The multishift is located under multiply/extend tabs
Michael

Boobyman
05-07-2011, 05:01 PM
The only multi i see is the Multi Text. I got the edit plugin open and i'm looking in the Modeling part.

prometheus
05-08-2011, 05:43 AM
or just simple check with your windows explorer and browse to the plugin/modeler folder and check if the plugin modeler tools are there, you can copy it from there and when you add plugin in lightwave, just paste it in.

then it should show up in the edit plugins, and you can then go to edit menu and add the multishift wherever you want it, preferably where it should be under the multiply/extend tab.

Michael

UnCommonGrafx
05-08-2011, 06:38 AM
This stuff ain't in the "Gotdayum"(sic) pdf/manual?

Boobyman
05-08-2011, 09:40 AM
GOTDAYUM U UNCOMMONGRAFX!! :D Just kidding.

Okay, think i got it. Thanks Prometheus for the help, bro. Sorry for the dumb questions, but i'm a slow learner with half a brain. Thanks guys.