PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Boning a Character

mjroddy
10-04-2003, 12:34 PM
Is it appropriate that I am cross-posting this from General?
>>>>><<<<<
I use to be a decent animator, but I've never been accused of being a modeler - let alone a, um... boner.
I've got a little character that is sort of my mascot. I was actually able to model the guy and am pretty happy with the results. Golly, if you take a look you'll have to be really, REALLY impressed (joke). Ok. It's a stick figure. But I'd really like to animate him. So I'm here to ask if anyone would be willing to properly bone him and create any IK necessary. He's a magician like a very dramatic David Coperfield or similar. His name is Sticky the Magician (TM). His girlfriend (yet to be modeled) is Tricky (TM).
I'm an extreme newbie, but need the bloke for a web site I'm creating. I've put up a very simple web page with two pics showing the 3D model in a neutral pose and the original pose (in 2D) that he'll end up in.
If anyone is interested in setting him up for me, I'd be thrilled and heap many good wishes on you! Please contact me privately at [email protected] and/or [email protected]
The web page is at
http://webpages.charter.net/matthew...kyTemplate.html
Thanks for all consideration! -mjr

jcool
10-04-2003, 11:54 PM
huh huhu huhh... boning a character... huh huh uh... ;)

Pixel
10-05-2003, 01:32 PM
3d-palace.com . video tutorials > lw - you will find a rigging tutorial

TSpyrison
10-05-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by jcool
huh huhu huhh... boning a character... huh huh uh... ;)

Im glad you said it first

:D

mjroddy
10-05-2003, 02:18 PM
Thanks Pixel.
I was just trying to take some of the learning curve off and jump right into bring him to life. But you're probably right, I should want to do it all and have that under my belt.

And I guess, I should have remembered to called it a Rig, these days.
Boys...

mjr