PDA

View Full Version : SATCH_Joe Satriani portrait

maxwaver
05-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi guys, this is the character iam working one since a couple of weeks,it's a portrait of the legendary guitar player Satch aka joe Satriani, one of the best and creative guitarist / composers of the last decades, he was also the mentor of many of others like steve vai ( whitesnake ) and kirk hammet ( metallica ).

The portrait idea is inspired by his 2006 super colossal album cover, which focus only on his head, but since i already modeled one of his Ibanez guitar ( the chrome boy ) for past tribute, think things become easier for a near futur full body pose.
I'm not sur about the likeness but imho its almost done, counting on you guys .
Thanks

Mrjack
05-04-2011, 11:38 AM
nothing to say just awsome great job
the modeling lighting and rendering are amazing

Iain
05-04-2011, 02:26 PM
That's excellent.
The thumbnails do it no favours at all.

What sculpting/rendering apps did you use?

maxwaver
05-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Mr jack, thanks already gave to you by phone :)

Iain - thanks man, i do like your arch renders and its always a pleasure to watch to them.

No special package used except lightwave for base mesh, zbrush for sculpting and back to lightwave again for shading / rendering, i agree that i didn't reached my goals in term of skin shading, i do believe that even LW simple skin is good , its still quiet inferior than mR which provide an exellent results without special tricks . but in overall i like the lightwave render engine .
These renders are VPR with little post process, this why their size isn't too big, i will rerender them with hightrez version, iam planing to make a full body pose within uncoming days, so just conisder these renders as snapshots of my actual project . will post more images soon.

maxwaver
05-06-2011, 02:48 PM
here some viewport grabs.

probiner
05-06-2011, 02:59 PM
I barely know his visuals or his music, but your modeling work looks great.
Good Job.

abdelkarim
05-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Awesome my Brother.

maxwaver
05-06-2011, 04:08 PM
probiner - thanks, for visual, try to google it ! and for the music i think you're missing something amazing ( if you dig rock / instrumental music )btw its a matter of taste, maybe its not your cup of tee !

here a sneakpeak, this one is a little bit speedy and heavy :

http://youtu.be/lZFWLEFLXqQ

abdelkarim - thanks brother :)))))))