PDA

View Full Version : TEMPGEnc & VT3 Projects

lipera
10-04-2003, 11:22 AM
Installed the new VT3 patch and ran the 3rd party updater. Where can I find specific instrucitons on using TEMPGEnc and a VT3 project. Thanks. Bill LiPera

ScorpioProd
10-04-2003, 11:26 PM
In my excellent article in NewtekPro #7. :)

E-mail me if you need a copy. video.at.scorpioproductions.com

Replacing the .at. with @, of course.

mgrusin
10-05-2003, 11:36 AM
Eugene does has excellent information on the best settings to use to make the most compatible DVDs (there are a lot of options, and although theoretically they're all "in spec", DVD players are notorious for not being able to play certain settings. I suggest making "RW" discs first and trying them on a few players to be sure everything's working before you burn any "R" discs).

The quick start is: TMPGENC, once you've run the 3rd party updater, will be able to open .VT-Edit project files directly! No need to render out a big RTV or DV (and don't use the "AVI wrapper", TMPGENC has problems reading the audio from this format). Just tell TMPGENC to use your .VT-Edit project file for both video and audio, use Eugene's settings, encode, and author. Fun.

-MG.

wtdedula
10-08-2003, 05:34 PM
Hello All;
I would love to be able to load a vt-edit project into TMPEGENC but I can't figure out how. There is no option for loading a vt-edit file. I can only load a .rtv file.

I am using a purchased version ot TMPEGENC though it may not be the latest (Version 2.58.44.152). And of course, I have vt-3 and I ran the 3rd party updator but it didn't seem to do anything - just flashed a black box on the screen for a second and then disappeared.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong, or what I need to do special to get a vt-edit file to import into TMPEGENC ? Thanks !

Tim

Brian Peterson
10-08-2003, 08:20 PM
With Eugenes permission I posted his article here: http://www.professionaleventvideo.com/tmpdirections.htm