PDA

View Full Version : RH products updates...

RebelHill
05-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Just wanted to post a little heads up here for any of my lovely customers who missed or didnt receive the mailshoot, that Ive got a few different updates available for my different rigging products, both RHiggit, and some new addenda vids to go with RHR series...

Details here...

http://www.rebelhill.net/board/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=44b7d288e63711e0e0ad9d2c8d157add

Cheers.

OnlineRender
05-03-2011, 12:48 PM
very nice , you need a wordpress site :)

gordonrobb
05-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Cheers matey. Do we have a version number system so that we know if we have the latest versoin or not?

RebelHill
05-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Cheers matey. Do we have a version number system so that we know if we have the latest versoin or not?

You mean for RHiggit I assume...

Yes and no... Small incremental bugfixes are just given as patch updates, with broader fixes as version revisions.

If in any doubt just redownload your original link, any patches posted and overwrite everything and Ull be on whatever the latest is.

gordonrobb
05-03-2011, 02:37 PM
K

Still haven't got round to trying it yet :)

As a matter of interest, do you have any where I can look for a good full body poly flow for animation. Want to retop one of my Zbrush sculpts in topogun, but would like it to be good flow.

Wolvy_UK
05-03-2011, 06:08 PM
gordonrobb, try this link.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=153&t=261270&page=1&pp=15

It' s from 2005 so quite old, but his spiderman has some good deformation going on.

Scroll down about halfway and he has a picture of spiderman in different views in wireframe so you should be able to retopologise by copying that.

adk
05-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Cheers for the heads up / reminder RH :thumbsup:
I am one of your "lovely" :D customers & will be updating to Pro shortly. Looking forward to any RHR vids you have planned as the old ones were priceless !

RebelHill
05-04-2011, 04:03 AM
adk, no worries, hope u enjoy the little addenda... it does i think contain some handy little pearls which are so obvious once u've got them, but which can be a bit obscure when u dont. A cant see wood for the trees sorta thing.

G. Poly flow... well that Spidey example is actually pretty good, it demonstrates well keeping lines and edges running along the direction of deformation, as well as using the flow to detail out all the necessary anatomical details, which is often the crux of the whole thing. That said though, the main problem areas are of course at joints themselves, and then its the more complex joints that present the main problems. If you get a good flow at the shoulder (a "ball" flow), a good divide at hips (45 deg crotch line) and a 3 line pack at 2d joints (elbows, knees, knuckles) then really the limbs and trunk can pretty much just be as plain and tubelike as u like and the whole thing will deform well (though Ull probs be lacking in volume shapes if theres no such detail in those chunks). The supplied default RHuman and RHound meshes are a good example of these basics.

Other than that the thing that makes the BIGGEST difference in LW is often poly density. Due to the way LWs skinning works, lower poly always delivers more manageable deforms with less creasing. Ofc go too low and you're getting cartoon smoothness almost with no detail... but too high and you will start to get creasing going on no matter what you do.

Generally the makehuman mesh is a good representation of the highest polycount Ill generally consider usable in LW. Mauro's Hulk mesh also provides a pretty good example of a somewhat higher poly mesh that handles well in LW.

But ofc, all of this falls apart very quickly without good joint placement. Getting the pivot points, and deform spacers just slightly outta place can make an otherwise well topo'd model deform really badly, again, check the hulk example in the vids and manual too see how small differences can turn into big difference deform wise.

gordonrobb
05-04-2011, 04:24 AM
Cheers, I'll take a look.