PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of your LW 10 content disc?

prometheus
05-03-2011, 05:20 AM
some of us has recieved the lightwave 10 dvd with content disc.

Now what do you guys think of it, what content scenes, objects do you find particulary interesting?

I myself hasnīt gone through it all yet:)

I wish they could have created a content guide with html or pdf or images, like in 9.6...perhaps that will arrive soon in our account pages?

Michael

JeffrySG
05-03-2011, 06:10 AM
I've had my discs for a while now but haven't even put it in the computer. I'll need to take some time to go through it. It would be cool to see some interesting node setups for textures.

Nangleator
05-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Looks like some good character and game content stuff to play with. I'm just looking at models now, since I'm rendering.

There are 393 files/folders under "Scenes." Wow.

Here's one of the subdirectories.

BigHache
05-03-2011, 08:09 AM
Yeah that's the sad part, I haven't had a chance to put it in the computer yet either. Rebel Hill's rigging tutorials have been the next thing on my list to go through. It's time to stop newbing it!

Andrewstopheles
05-03-2011, 08:11 AM
in the short time i have played with the content i was truly impressed withte quantity and variety i saw

prometheus
05-03-2011, 12:40 PM
As mentioned, I still have to browse through it all, but the first impression is that the creature content is where they put some effort, great stuff...the mutant is discustingly beautiful...and especially viewing it in vpr with all that skin stuff.
Ohh.. the insect stuff is cool too.

some other content seem to be to old to hang around, nothing wrong with old stuff hangin around, but I believe that old stuff should be consolidated with what users think is some of the best content from old days and keep that.

I would have liked to see more environment stuff..and some good studio product scene setups ( with reservation of me not having browsed through it all, but I guess itīs hard to satisfy everone.

some voxel stuff seems too old together with the fact that better voxel stuff could have been created for such scenes, thereīs a scene showcasing
voxels in different thickness variations, wich I think is a little unecessary.

I love the creepy nebula hv sprite scene thou.

Michael