PDA

View Full Version : LWM10.0 Wireframe display corruption

tburbage
04-30-2011, 12:54 PM
I've only been using LW10.0 Modeler for a couple of weeks, but am occasionally seeing apparent corruption of wireframe display. The attached image shows what the corruption looks like. That perspective view shows the only geometry in the file while you can see the blue lines LWM is drawing for the wireframe...

I'm bringing this up here because I don't have a clear set of steps to get it to happen, but I suspect it is a VBO corruption issue, and of course then could be a general bug or a driver/hw-specific issue. Before I spend time on this, I'd like to know if this is a known (and hopefully resolved for 10.1) problem.

zardoz
04-30-2011, 02:17 PM
it has been happening to me too. since v9

RudySchneider
04-30-2011, 04:59 PM
tburbage ---
Is that with CC subdivision? Is it apparent if you turn subdivision OFF, or change it to subpatch subdivision? I've periodically scene something similar, and seem to recall finding little gotcha's in my geometry that drives CC subdivision nuts. Besides, there are some known issues that LW has with Catmull-Clark subdivision, anyway.

zardoz
05-01-2011, 05:39 AM
I guess not...I never use CC. But this shows up with or without subds on.

tburbage
05-02-2011, 01:44 AM
tburbage ---
Is that with CC subdivision? Is it apparent if you turn subdivision OFF, or change it to subpatch subdivision? I've periodically scene something similar, and seem to recall finding little gotcha's in my geometry that drives CC subdivision nuts. Besides, there are some known issues that LW has with Catmull-Clark subdivision, anyway.

No, straight polygons, although I may have toggled CC in that working session to preview the mesh smoothed. I have geometry acceleration switched back to Streaming for now and will see whether it comes up again.

tburbage
06-16-2011, 08:55 PM
I haven't spent loads of time with the latest 10.1 beta, but I'm cautiously optimistic that this problem seems to have been fixed, at least with my rig (NV GTX 260, Driver 266.58, Vista-64)