PDA

View Full Version : LScript Commander woes.

NigelH
02-28-2003, 08:38 PM
I just tried running the ACS3 sample scenes (which I've done before successfully), and for some reason, LScript commander won't load any of the .cs scripts. This doesn't appear to be related to the 'Commander Window Prefs' problem that's solved with Angel's 'search and destroy' applescript - I've tried it. LS Commander doesn't crash or anything - it just doesn't work. I've tried trashing Layout's preferences, the Hub's preferences, but the sessions still won't load. Also, I'm not sure if it's entirely related to LightWave, but often, in the file requester when I'm looking for the scripts to load, complete directories appear empty (when I know they're not). Then if I do actually locate the script and try to load it, nothing appears in the LS commander window, but anywhere from 2 to 4 empty sessions are added to the session pulldown list. Strange. I've done everything I can think of short of re-installing Lightwave in the off chance that someone can point out something I've missed.

Very strange when something that was working fine (or rather, as well as can be expected) not too long ago, suddenly ceases to function.

Meshbuilder
03-01-2003, 05:59 AM
Before you start Lightwave search for "Command Window" and delete that file.. Start LW amd now LScript Commander will work..

NigelH
03-01-2003, 10:36 AM
OK, I guess it WAS related to the 'Command Window Prefs' problem. 'Search and Destroy' was looking for it in the wrong place. Shows what happens when you (I) 'over-think' a problem.

Thanks, Meshbuilder