PDA

View Full Version : Subaru Final

Skinner3D
04-29-2011, 06:25 PM
:thumbsup: Well here is the final render of the Subaru.

I did a 3D track and put the car in it, but the farm lost all the textures. I might put a link up to than anyway sometime here.

Could you all let me know how the surfaces look to you? I was going for photoreal, but I don't think I got the properties right.

stiff paper
04-30-2011, 05:33 AM
Without wishing to be rude, but at the same time acknowledging that some rudeness is unavoidable due to my bluntness; a LightWave car render in 2011 should look better than that. The ten24 site sells a variety of cars done in LightWave:
http://www.ten24.info/index.php/shop/
Reading the descriptions there, they include the model, a full scene with lighting, and the surfacing. Buying one of them and analyzing the model, surfaces and lighting is probably a good way to pick up pointers.

Edit: I've just noticed that version 1 of the ten24 vintage truck is free, and it still includes the model, surfacing and lighting.

Skinner3D
04-30-2011, 07:43 AM
:P I know it can look better, that is why I asked.
I downloaded that model. I am going to go through it and see how their surfaces work.

OnlineRender
04-30-2011, 12:58 PM
:P I know it can look better, that is why I asked.
I downloaded that model. I am going to go through it and see how their surfaces work.

I agree with above comments its all about surfacing and rendering now , but you already know this , so I will let you into a little secret / cheat .

Go into the free speed model thread and download anyone of Iains or Richards setups and rip it apart , these guys are stunning lighting and surfacing artists easily a par above the rest , there is no difference from there modelling to " OURS " they use the same tools , it all boils down to there lighting rig and surface setup .

Lewis said " CAR GOD " , when surfacing a car or modeling its all about how the lines flow , the way the light bounces .If the light doesn't bounce correct on the model you will never get the correct look .

keep bashing away .

abdelkarim
05-01-2011, 01:31 PM
nice model. mybe u used ancident angel in glass and in head light . and use black in road ort desk . and try in google to get nice hdr map . use it . and in car glass reflection mybe try gradient . or delectric as u want to get nice real look. and play with double sided if that needed. and in paint car why u cant try to used car paint in node . its great feeauture in lightwave able u to get nice real result . and use radiosity . and area light. and when i see this render u put a lot of reflection in whole car. but in real world not like this one. u just try gradient ancident angel 55 to 5 or to 0 . and u know crome its mybe 70 or 85 with blurring if u want. that its. if u need help . u jsut asked . its so easy sometime to help other pepoles.

add my skype i will tell u or i will help u live with teamviwer if u want .

lightwave3d1 or try [email protected] . bye .

i hope this one help u . :D .
Cheers

abdelkarim
05-01-2011, 01:35 PM
i have no idea why i like and love the pepole works with lightwave3d its like me newtek inc or somethink like that or its me lightwave its self !. im just personne normal. but really i love lightwave and newtek :D .

im falling love with Lightwave3D Mybe ????

:P

Skinner3D
05-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the comments. I am compiling all the thoughts that I have heard on this and am going to try to get it hammered out.

Lewis
05-18-2011, 12:30 AM
Hi !

If you just turn on radiosity your render would looks already much better but render times will be longer too ;).

geo_n
05-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Dark car, dark bg is not good. Headlight and glass materials need tweaking.
I did some car models sometime ago in lightwave and the easiest way to make them look real is to mimic a studio photo shoot and add an hdr for some reflection. You can see some renders at my blog.

Lewis
05-24-2011, 06:41 AM
Any progress on this one ? Were the comments any helpful :)?