PDA

View Full Version : I need some help

mex3d
04-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Hi, all...

I managed to make a LiveSet complete with 5 camera angles, but I'm lost about how to make it compatible with the Virtual Set Editor.

Could somebody explain the Application.LiveSet.MOAC.x64.exe and the Application.LiveSet.LayerExtract.x64.exe use to me?

I saw the example, but there is no documentation. And in the example there is no video, neither reflectiones, nor monitors.

How do I set the background photo in order that the user can change it?

Can I have more than one photo?

Do I need to use the Virtual Set Editor?

What is the proper work flow?

I want to finish the set so the user can hide, unhide and change the furniture color, put some background photo, include the own logo, all this with video monitor(s), the talent and reflections of both.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Best regards.

SBowie
04-29-2011, 03:53 AM
Could somebody explain the Application.LiveSet.MOAC.x64.exe and the Application.LiveSet.LayerExtract.x64.exe use to me?As explained in the docs supplied with it, questions related to the LiveSet Compiler SDK (meant for developers) should be sent to liveset-at-newtek-dot-com.

I want to finish the set so the user can hide, unhide and change the furniture color, put some background photo, include the own logo, all this with video monitor(s), the talent and reflections of both.There is no documentation provided regarding how to assemble a virtual set template for VSE. Interesting idea though. I imagine the secrets as to how to organize such lie within the xml files in VSE, but it would doubtless be something of a challenge to figure out, sorry. That said, doing the above by simply hiding/unhiding layers in a Photoshop file should be fairly easy, and VSE makes creating a LiveSet from a psd quite simple.

Eric Pratt
05-02-2011, 09:41 AM
If you really want it to work with the VSE the best bet is to get a copy for testing.
That said, the layering in Photoshop is straightforward, depending on what features you want to utilize, a simple set would be:
1) Desk.png - 32 bit png for overlay
2) Blank Layer named Input A - VSE will interpret this as the place to put the talent
3) Virtualset.png - 32 bit png with holes where the screens and windows are
4) Shapes where the screens are named Input B one for each layer - VSE interprets this as where you want your B Source, do one for each screen and window, user can edit these to put in their own pictures of the B Source.
If you can't get a copy of VSE post on the forum asking for someone to test it for you in exchange for the set, I'm sure someone will bite.