PDA

View Full Version : Recently added plugins

zardoz
04-27-2011, 03:22 AM
In the plugin list and in the menus configuration (Alt-F11 and Alt-F10) could be added a 'folder' with recently added plugins (last day for example) for easy addition to the menus.
Sometimes it's hard to find the plugin because usually the displayed name is different than the file name and because the search function is really bad...

probiner
04-27-2011, 03:51 AM
Yes.
That or by the time you add them you could right away assign a menu root for them.

vector
04-27-2011, 04:58 AM
Yes, I miss a tool like that too many times when adding plugins. LW is famous for having tons of little plugins that make the soft powerful... so this is an oportunitty to prove it again... plugin makers, are you there? :)

Vector

art
04-27-2011, 06:39 AM
I'm not sure if LW keeps the timestamp of when a plugin was added. If it does, maybe Matt's "run plugin" plugins could be updated to utilize that piece of information. The plugins are already useful as the are now.

probiner
04-27-2011, 06:53 AM
I use Matt's Run Plugin all the time and if i understand well they don't list all plugins, though they are very usefull.

zardoz
04-27-2011, 07:42 AM
I think that probiner's idea would be spot on. When adding the plugin we could have the option to place it in some menu.

Sensei
04-27-2011, 08:10 PM
IIRC, I have requested "filter" feature long time ago- while typing letters, list of plugins is shortened to only those matching entered one.. so f.e. entering "true", should show only TrueFillet, TrueBump, TrueArt's Bezier, etc. etc.
The same feature should be in keyboard layout editor..

zardoz
04-28-2011, 02:28 AM
modeler/layout should have a command line field with a search ability like that. I know this sounds like 'old time' but it's very useful.