PDA

View Full Version : Motion Capturing & Bones deformation problem

Costanel
04-27-2011, 02:56 AM
Hey everyone,

I've been struggling with this problem for quite some while, but can't seem to fix it.

Since a couple of days I've got a Kinect and used it for a simple Motion Capturing scene. I wanted to use a MakeHuman model and test the deformations.
The deformations however, do not work. It only moves the feet in a weird way, the rest doesn't deform at all. I've used the "Use bones from object" option and re-rested all the bones. But it doesn't seem to work.

Attached is the complete scene, can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

RebelHill
04-27-2011, 05:44 AM
Scaling... scaling is your issue.

You CANT scale meshes and/or bone to fit one another. For bones and meshes to bind together properly they must all be set to a scale of 1. If you want to scale up your mesh to fit the bones, you must do so in modeller, not layout, making the object scale in layout still 1.

Costanel
04-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Thanks, that helped for some part.

But now I still can't get the arms to move with the mesh, even with weightmaps. Why doesn't this work?

Please help me, I need this for an project but been struggling for quite some time now...

Thanks in advance.

RebelHill
04-27-2011, 01:25 PM
reason 1... youve got limited range turned on.

reason 2... you STILL have bones scaled to fit... NO CAN DO.

Costanel
05-02-2011, 04:33 AM
Sorry, I'm really a newbee in this. Normally skinning using skelegons or within lightwave works for me, but I just can't seem to get this right. What do mean by limited range(falloff?)?

The model is now scale 1, I haven't changed anything to the rig. I put the model on top of the rig.
Of course I wouldn't expect to work perfectly directly(since the model and rig are not 100% linked to eachother), but for testing purposes I expected much better results. I don't understand how deformations are currently happening here.

By the way, does tip move and joint move work? Or is this the same like scaling?

If someone could help me with a working scene, I've tried many options, but still can't get it to work. Attached is a new scene and the original BVH file.

You would really help me if I get this working!
Thanks in advance. :)