PDA

View Full Version : Need to improve my virtual set

videoMinistry
02-28-2003, 08:03 PM
Greetings fellow animators and video wizzards. I'm working with LW 6.5 and I want to improve this set to make it a bit more realistic. I am not a wizzard in LW by no means but I know some. I love the idea of a cool looking virtual set to croma key myself in. I will be using video from attop a high parking garage for behind the window. I think the glass could use some improvement and other things to make it a bit better. Any suggestions for improvemant would be great! Thank you.

Mylenium
03-01-2003, 06:09 AM
For starters, everything looks very synthetic. You can even see the polygonal edges on the circles on the floor. Also the lighting is very incorrect. It does by no means complement the background. I also suggest to add mor detail to everything - beveled edges etc. Also the screens on the left should be modeled as real screens (projection cubes) instead of just bevelled polygons. To get rid of the clean look I would add some small variation using textures on the diffuse channels - even in real live there is no perfectly uniformly colored surface.

Mylenium

videoMinistry
03-01-2003, 06:35 PM
OK, I lost the the hanging light, made some more detail in the sets and put a texture on the difuse. Thank you for the advice, I do see an improvement in some areas. Any more ideas out there?:cool:

Capt Lightwave
03-02-2003, 09:22 AM
Maybe you could desaturate your set a little bit to match the background...?