PDA

View Full Version : FBX for Unity

Wilfrick
04-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Hi,

I need to begin to use unity, so I try to look to free version.
Like I can understand, to import inside unity the lightwave's objects and scenes need to export from layout the FBX files.
A lot of people here in forum talk about the export and import of FBX in layout, but I don't find the plugin..... I search and search, try to look in internet where is this funcion but nothing, I don't find...
In the plugs of lw10 I don't see the FBX... and I'm worry because all people here can export and import FBX and me no. Maybe I'm so stupid to don't see it?! :cursin:
Where can find the FBX export? Is this the best system to work with unity?

Thankyou for any answer.

Elmar Moelzer
04-23-2011, 07:06 PM
It should be under File-> Export-> FBX

Greenlaw
04-23-2011, 11:28 PM
If you still don't see it, try resetting your menus. For example, try 'Studio Production Style'. As Elmar said, the feature should be listed under File>Import/Export>Export FBX.

You may already know this but importing an FBX is a little different: you can open FBX as a regular Lightwave scene file or import it using Load From Scene.

Wilfrick
04-24-2011, 03:46 AM
Thankyou,

hem, I looked in the export but there isn't.
Only now I try to open lw9.6 and I found that the FBX export is inside plugin Valkyrie.p.

For some reason Lw10 didn't load it... I searched for a plug with name fbx, never think about Valkyrie.
I will add it manually.

Sorry for my stupid question and thankyou for your answer.

Edit:
and ofcourse lw10 can't load Valkyrie, the error message is (italian language... sorry but this is too difficult to translate):

"Impossibile trovare il punto d'ingresso [email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@ABVPa [email protected]@@Z della procedura nella libreria di collegamento dinamico core.dll"

I tried to load Valkyrie from lw9.6 plugs, that works fine... only I hope the 9.6 FBX export is good.

ben martin
04-24-2011, 06:21 AM
Thankyou,
... only I hope the 9.6 FBX export is good.

Well, that's another completely different issue... good luck; I had no such luck in the past with Lw-FBX!

Greenlaw
04-24-2011, 09:44 AM
LW 10 has it's own valkyrie.p which is quite different from 9.6's valkyrie.p. That's very strange if you don't have it in your LW 10 directories (it should be located in the support folder.) You might want to try reinstalling LW 10 if you don't see it. Alternatively, you can find the plug-in in the HC forums, which I think all registered LW 10 users have access to.

G.

Wilfrick
04-24-2011, 11:24 AM
LW 10 has it's own valkyrie.p which is quite different from 9.6's valkyrie.p. That's very strange if you don't have it in your LW 10 directories (it should be located in the support folder.) You might want to try reinstalling LW 10 if you don't see it. Alternatively, you can find the plug-in in the HC forums, which I think all registered LW 10 users have access to.

G.

I found Valkyrie.p in the lw10 plugs dir, but lw10 final version (Rev. 2067) doesn't want to load it. If I try to add the plug I receive the error message that I wrote in my precedent post.
Very strange, because if I open an old beta version of lw10 (Rev. 2026 for example) I see the FBX export, so it can load the plugin, the same file, not other (I replaced all the old plugins with the last).
So, Valkyrie.p can work with an old beta lightwave10 but not with the final (rev. 2067.).
I tried to reinstall all, but nothing to do. :( :( :(

Danner
04-24-2011, 04:46 PM
I've tried fbx export in
9.6 Layout 32
9.6 Layout 64
9.6 Modeler 32
9.6 Modeler64

and the same in LW 10 and a few other Fbx exporters floating around.. The one that I found works best for me in unity is LW 9.6 layout 32bits. *shrug*

Wilfrick
04-24-2011, 05:57 PM
I've tried fbx export in
9.6 Layout 32
9.6 Layout 64
9.6 Modeler 32
9.6 Modeler64

and the same in LW 10 and a few other Fbx exporters floating around.. The one that I found works best for me in unity is LW 9.6 layout 32bits. *shrug*

ah... ok...
So maybe me too I will use 9,6 for export.
Thankyou :)
Bye