PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave on dual monitors?

Pixelight
04-21-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm running a dual 24" set up with LW and was wondering how those of you with dual displays utilize your real estate apart from dragging things like the surface editor, node editor and scene editor to the second monitor?
I've been trying to get a viewport window to the second display since I bounce back and forth between camera view and perspective view in Layout all the time, but couldn't do it. Is it possible? Curious how you work with dual monitors.

Talking about the Scene Editor, is there any reason I would want to use the List Manager over the Scene Editor? The List Manager looks to do the same things but not all the things you can use the Scene Editor for. It basically looks like a dumbed down version of the Scene Editor.

And what about Viper? Is there a need for it now that there's VPR?

Thanks.

Pixelight
04-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Nobody uses dual monitors around here?

nickdigital
04-22-2011, 05:48 PM
You would have to drag your Layout window across multiple monitors to get that split-screen look that you want. I would think that's distracting to have a seam running down Layout. Everyone here who makes uses of their 2nd monitor just does what you mentioned...dragging Surface Editor, Image Editor, etc to the 2nd window.

Pixelight
04-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Ok, thanks. I just thought there was a way to undock one of the viewports or create a new floating one like many applications can.
I thought there would be a more useful way to take advantage of a second monitor besides just Surface Editor, Image Editor and the rest of the dialog boxes, which don't take that much space really and barely use the real estate.
It seems LW was not designed with dual monitors in mind. Maybe Core will have a more flexible GUI.