PDA

View Full Version : Rendering Multiple Camera

simonlion
04-19-2011, 11:21 PM
I have a Scene with 7 Camera's. Each camera is in a different position in my Timeline. But when I Render the scene, It only Renders my Main Camera. I want all the 7 Camera's animation to be included inside the Rendered animation
Thanks
Simon

moussepipi2000
04-20-2011, 02:08 AM
if i was you i will save 7 different scene where my camera is different for each scene, and lunch the render with the "renderQ"

Mitja
04-20-2011, 02:14 AM
Maybe camera director? http://www.andynicholas.com/?page_id=158
Never tried though!

wrench
04-20-2011, 09:28 AM
You use Camera Selector in Master Plugins to change between cameras in a single scene. Be warned though there are two of them and the docs don't give much help.

B

omichon
04-20-2011, 01:00 PM
You use Camera Selector in Master Plugins to change between cameras in a single scene. Be warned though there are two of them and the docs don't give much help.

B

...but don't use the second one if you have a render farm, since it crashes with ScreamerNet :bangwall:

Sensei
04-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Camera Selector is using Layout command to switch active camera. But LWSN cannot handle any commands, so it doesn't work on render farms. But with regular F10 image sequence rendering there shouldn't be a problem.

omichon
04-20-2011, 11:18 PM
Camera Selector is using Layout command to switch active camera. But LWSN cannot handle any commands, so it doesn't work on render farms. But with regular F10 image sequence rendering there shouldn't be a problem.

The fact is it (the most recent version of it) worked with a previous version of LightWave (I can't remember exactly witch one but it may be 9.2).
So now it doesn't work anymore but it also crashes when you send it to a farm.

simonlion
04-21-2011, 12:41 AM
I dont have a farm. This Is what I wnat to do..For example: My Main camera is from frame 1-30, Then I have the Back Camera From frame 30-80, Then I have the Side camera from frame 80- 150.
In other words, I want One Movie with every camera angel in a same scene. Just Like Editing
I used the camera selector, it did not work, may be I am doing some-thing wrong
Thanks
simon

omichon
04-21-2011, 01:23 AM
I dont have a farm. This Is what I wnat to do..For example: My Main camera is from frame 1-30, Then I have the Back Camera From frame 30-80, Then I have the Side camera from frame 80- 150.
In other words, I want One Movie with every camera angel in a same scene. Just Like Editing
I used the camera selector, it did not work, may be I am doing some-thing wrong
Thanks
simon

Add the CameraSelector Master plugin. Open the interface.
At frame 1, select Camera1 then add it to the CameraSelector.
At frame 30, select Camera2 then add it to the CameraSelector.
At frame 80, select Camera3 then add it to the CameraSelector.
Then when scrubbing the timeline you should have the camera switching from one to the other.

simonlion
04-22-2011, 12:12 AM
Then when scrubbing the timeline you should have the camera switching from one to the other.

Thank you very much. It Is working. I have added My Main Camera, and My Closeup Camera to the Selector Keys. When I render It dose not look exactly like my Time Code. I am going to play with it little more, I think I am doing some thing wrong.
simon

shrox
04-22-2011, 01:03 AM

I learned something new! Thanks.

omichon
04-22-2011, 04:16 AM
@simon
Every now and then, I also notice a one frame difference between the CameraSelector list and the rendered frames, but I don't know why.

@shrox
you're welcome :)

Due to the way I work, I have this plugin in all my scenes for years now, but I don't know what mess happens during 9.x cycle, but it has become unreliable without mentioning the fact that it now crashes screamernet.
As an example, if you define your camera list like this :
frame 0 > Camera1, frame 150 > Camera2, frame 50 > Camera3, then you will jump from Camera1 to Camera3 and you will never see camera2. You have to edit your scene file to fix this (which is unacceptable, IMO).
There are some other (reported) bugs, but it must have a very low priority :\