View Full Version : Politics: Broken Dreams

Exper
10-03-2003, 10:24 AM
Another abstract one! ;)

Politics: Broken Dreams

adrian
10-06-2003, 12:36 PM
That's a very interesting pic.

Not being a natural artist I don't really understand abstract stuff so I don't know where the politics comes into this image.... but it's well done anyway. I like the reddy/orangey combination.

How long did it take?

Adrian.

Exper
10-07-2003, 03:05 AM
adrian... thanks!

Abstract-art is always metaphorical (to me, at least).

In the center, as you can see, there's a dream who's starting to live and it'll be soon constrained and killed like the two behind him (they are staring to vanish); it's easy now to identify "Politics" elements (the three tentacular ones).

I know... a little sad and pessimistic... but true at the same time!

Bye.

veljko
10-07-2003, 10:35 AM
Hi there,
Kul pic,

But something about the composition bothers me,
It seems to me that the image is breaking apart, composition vise, to the bottom left-
And the central piece makes it a center oriented composition but you didnt treate it like one,
My suggestion would be that in a dark image as this one you should pay more attention to the bright spots that the lightening of the scene makes, since thats what in thoes dark ambient images makes or breaks the image, and the composition (which in my appinion is a vital element especially in the abstract arts)

I was wondering was your intentione to suggest forms with the abstract elements or should we abserve the image without tryng to find forms?
cos i see snake like creatures in the image and I was wondering was that intentional or?

Exper
10-16-2003, 05:19 AM
Sorry for the long delay (really busy)! ;)

Thanks veljko!

A little reply.

Composition + Bright spots: you're right but this one is intentionally broken to force you in seeing, observing and reacting to the image/message (like most of my own abstract images).

Forms: as said before: "it's easy now to identify Politics elements (the three tentacular ones)" but you can see whatever you better like!

Bye.