PDA

View Full Version : 2 Free Modeler Plugins

WilliamVaughan
04-18-2011, 10:01 AM
A good friend of mine, Mike Young, recently sent me a couple of Modeler scripts he created that have turned out to be extremely useful. Heís been generous enough to allow me to release them to the LightWave community so be sure to add these to your collection of useful additions to LightWave Modeler.

All_Layers.lsc simply brings all layers of an object to foreground. When hot-keyed, this can be a massive time saver for those, like myself, that donít work with the Layers panel open.

Isolate_Layer.lsc is even more of a productivity boost for anyone working with large model files that have a high number of layers. Anyone working with imported CAD data will definitely want to grab this one. It is the small nugget of code that when multiple layers are active, allows you to select a poly on the object, run the script (I added it to a hot key) and it will tell you what layer its on, make that layer the only active layer and also does a select connect.

I added both of these tools to hot keys which has sped up my workflow when working with a lot of layers. This allows me to jump around the layers on the fly!I hope you find them as useful as I have. Big thanks to Mike Young for making these amazing tools available to the LightWave community for free!

Grab the files Here:

http://www.pushingpoints.com/2011/04/modeler-scripts/

richgrafx
04-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks...these are very useful. Excellent workflow enhancement.

simonlion
04-19-2011, 01:14 AM
Mr. William.
Thank you very much, you are always helpful.
I like your Video Tutorials, Any new Tutorials ?
Thanks
Simon

3DGFXStudios
04-19-2011, 03:48 AM
The Isolate_Layer.lsc is a nice one! THANKS

Fadlabi
04-19-2011, 04:25 AM
William Vaughan
Thanks very much.

As simonlion said, is there any new Tutorials?
Waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiting!

probiner
04-19-2011, 04:41 AM
Lol today i was working on a file with 150 layers and wondering in which layer was said object. Now i know with Isolate_Layer.lsc
I work with F7 open, but All_Layers.lsc is ok.

Thanks you two.

JohnMarchant
04-19-2011, 06:22 AM
Thanks allot Mike and William

titin
04-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Thanks for sharing

MaDDoX
04-19-2011, 05:12 PM
I like your Video Tutorials, Any new Tutorials ?
Thanks
Lol this became a trend here @ the forums. No matter what goodie master William offers the community, answer is always "this is okay and all but what we really want from you are tuts. So get to it!"

There should be a 'no soliciting' warning somewhere here :)