PDA

View Full Version : particle emitter help

mmecca
02-28-2003, 06:05 PM
i have an animation where i have a 'spaceship' type thing...this spaceship has many holes/docks where i want to use an emitter to project tiny 'spaceships' from each hole...how might i do this, or is there an easier way than an emitter?

Skonk
03-01-2003, 12:26 PM
Yeh it should work, Load the little ship into the scene with the particle emiters, then in the Scene tab (top set of tabs in layout) click FX Linker, select the Ship object as the replace object and the number of clones to how ever many u need. Then animate the particles (u may want to animate the particles first then link the ship, depends how many ships and how many polys per ship, it may get a bit slow animating once there linked).

James..

EDIT: Let me know if it doesn't work, iv never actually done this before, first time iv done it was to work out how to do it to tell u :)

mmecca
03-01-2003, 03:41 PM
i did that....and it worked kindof....however, how do i make the smaller ships emit from the ship (like...the ship is the emitter, not just an emitter floating near the ship), or should i have many seperate emitters for each cargobay thing? another thing is wind...i dont want them to poor straight out...i want them to kind of curve around and i was trying to push them to a curve with wind...but alas i dont know too much about wind so i never got it to work....any more help would be much appreciated....

....btw thanks spankdaddy

Dodgy
03-02-2003, 04:43 AM
Try this test scene, replace the image requested in the scene with just a white image, it should work.

Epita
03-02-2003, 08:29 AM
wow, i never new you could do that, i might use fighters and bommbers for my BFG things now. I allways didnt want to animate 100s of little things no bigger than a few pixels!

Epita

mmecca
03-02-2003, 12:31 PM
hmm...i see, i shall try this...but i am still having trouble with emitting the ships from the holes in the ship...and not just from the general area of the ship

thank you

Skonk
03-02-2003, 01:16 PM
Cant u just make the emiters small and put them inside the holes? dont use the scale tool to shrink them though, set there size in the emiters option panel.

James..

Epita
03-03-2003, 02:00 PM
yeah, just use a partigon for the emmiter, make it move with your big ship, make the emmiter the size of your hole. set the motion paths and Bingo, a small launch bay.

Epita

mmecca
03-03-2003, 09:05 PM
k...this is a big help....just have to make soooo many emitters...cuz its a lot of bays.....btw, its a harmonica (a strange one, very long....also its a double one) and smaller harmonicas will launch out of each hole...i will post movie once im done

Epita
03-04-2003, 12:21 PM
That sounds soo trippy.

Almos 100!

Epita

mmecca
03-08-2003, 04:48 PM
i figured it out...nvm....thx for the help