PDA

View Full Version : Football (i refuse to call it soccer)

Kenshin_X_66
10-03-2003, 06:31 AM
whassup y'all,

heres my football, i know its not anywhere near the standard of most work in this gallery, even on the WIP forum but im used to spending months modelling and never finishing but this i modeled, surfaced and rendered in about an hour.

i did a celshaded one aswell because im a bit of an anime fan but it doesnt really fit the environment

Kenshin_X_66
10-03-2003, 06:32 AM
heres the celshaded one

veljko
10-03-2003, 06:44 AM
Cool image-
It would be even cooler if the ball was infront of the goal post, with mud around the post and the net in the backround..Now, the empty space around it is eating the ball and breaking the illusion of a real image...
I think that in order to make a cool image look real and with a good composition, one should aproach the image as a whole, not concentrate on just the ball for an example..
So, eather render out just the ball in empty space or make the soroundings belivable:)..

my two cents worth...-hope it helps!

;)

tasmanian
10-03-2003, 06:49 AM
Nice attempt !
I do think the ball is "floating" a bit in the grass though.
Like you said the celshaded one doesn't really work.

Max Wolf
10-03-2003, 08:37 AM
guten tag!
der fuss ball ist gut!

Kenshin_X_66
10-03-2003, 08:39 AM
max wolf, as you call it "fusball" is sehr gut.

its the only real sport in the world, unless your getting beaten 5-1 at the hands of a mighty england team!!! ;)

Max Wolf
10-03-2003, 08:41 AM
ok "fusball" ty

Kenshin_X_66
10-03-2003, 08:51 AM
sorry max, my german is not too great, im english myself, i take it you are german right, thats why i mentioned the 5-1 score, but ive re read your original post, i thought you were saying

"football is good" as in the sport, but now i realise you said
"the football is good" so what i should have said was thankyou max, theres a tutorial for this on the web somewhere, im pretty sure its on the newtek site, but i dont have a link for you

glad we got that straight eh:D

Doran
10-03-2003, 03:10 PM
pretty good soccer ball... (I refuse to call it a foot ball. :O)

adrian
10-05-2003, 06:21 AM
That's a good football (I thought it was spelt Fußball?). I like the logos.

It does look as if it's floating and the grass isn't brilliant which detracts from the good work of the ball (sorry!).

Ich bin Englisch und ich spreche ihre sprache nicht gut!

Adrian.

Shloime
10-06-2003, 06:35 AM
Greetings everybody...

Just to clear it up: You can spell it "Fußball" or "Fussball", as one word. The first one is the old spelling, the second one the new one, since we had a spelling reformation (?) a few years ago.
The word means both the object and the activity itself.

@Kenshin: Yes, it hurts... :mad: :)

Hope I could help,

Kenshin_X_66
10-06-2003, 07:30 AM
HA, finally a german after 2 years of waiting!!!!

im sorry, and cheers for the language lesson

and everybody who noticed, yeah it is floating, its filled with helium, thats my excuse

Max Wolf
10-06-2003, 07:32 AM
same thing. i do not know how to do that s

Kenshin_X_66
10-06-2003, 07:34 AM
max

why did you post in german if you arent geman????:confused:

Max Wolf
10-07-2003, 07:44 AM
because german rules!

adrian
10-07-2003, 12:33 PM
.... except when they lose 2-0 to Brazil in the final!

Adrian.

Max Wolf
10-07-2003, 12:40 PM
no i mean. i like german food. and beer. and the candy!

renderingfarmer
10-07-2003, 05:23 PM
Woh Adrian... woh. Harsh. That's not something you bring up around us Deutschen.

As for the Spelling reform... personally I think it was only instigated so that people could write words with three consecutive S's, such as Bassstimme or Flusssand. It's a dumb move, confusing loads of people and deminishing our beloved Scharfes S
( ß ). But whatever, that was then this is now, and this is not the thread to discuss this anyway.
For people interested in German check out this weird little forum I just found hehe.
http://rechtschreibreform.de/Forum/index.php

Back on topic. I really like the ball, specifically around the seams. You've captured, in my oppinion, the pleather feel of those balls very well. The grass IS troublesome. I'd like to see you object in the corner of a gymnasium. You could get some cool refelections going off the polished floor. Is this modeled after a real one or were those logos randomly chosen?
Let's see some new photos, don't abandom this project yet!

Kenshin_X_66
10-14-2003, 10:10 AM
its based on a real nike football, panel shape etc. but i dont think theres one out there with the logo of my favourte team, southend united on it.

so to answer, yes and no:rolleyes: