PDA

View Full Version : Scene Obj Replaced After Save All / Save Scene ?!

cgisoul
04-15-2011, 08:38 AM
Okay, I am really and I mean really pissed! :cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin:
If that's due to my mistake I apologize right away now, but i'm not sure what is happening.
This happened few times already, at first, 1 or two objects were replaced, now the whole scene and I have to re-set everything again.

I first have the scene setup and all the materials saved, all with their unique name. so far so good, then, when I save the scene, it asks me to save all objects, Yes. Save Scene, Yes.
So, Save all and everything is saved. BUT NO!

When I re-open the same scene I just saved, the objs were replaced by others........ again.
The image shows, where the big yellow head mesh is, supposed to be the wall and floor. The eyes were replaced by two smaller heads???????

What in the world is going on here????? Is this a bug?
OR Am I doing something wrong??? If yes, then what is the difference of Save All and Save?

This has happened quite few times already.

Please help!

http://i51.tinypic.com/ix4lsg.jpg

Why did lightwave replaced my wall obj with the head obj ???? Now, when I open the wall.obj it shows me the head.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2upwm50.jpg

What is the correct way to save the whole scene and objs without this happening??? Am I saving the wrong way?

Please help! :(

nickdigital
04-15-2011, 10:44 AM
That's an odd one. What happens if you just save the scene but say no to saving the objects? Whenever I modify an object's surfaces in Layout I save the object itself explicitly. I rarely do save all objects.

Markc
04-15-2011, 10:54 AM
In 9.6, I am always using Save all Objects and have never come across this problem? :stumped:

Ryan Roye
04-15-2011, 12:10 PM
I get this too, which is why I always do "save all objects" after saving to make sure it doesn't happen.

cgisoul
04-16-2011, 05:53 AM
Hi everyone,

Thank you for comments. I ended up re-doing everything again, but this time saved all .obj files in modeler as .lwo to make sure this won't happen again.