PDA

View Full Version : Rendering in Lightwave 10 question

rpaese
04-14-2011, 01:26 PM
:help: I am rendering a 3400 frame scene. it's half way and has taken 68 hours and has another 68 hours to go. Each frame is taking 6 to 7 minutes. I noticed that the soft filter is taking half of that time.

If I render in 9.6 would it be faster? Any suggestions. I am not going to meet the dead line on this project.

Dexter2999
04-14-2011, 01:50 PM
You are kind of "in it" at this point. Because you aren't talking about stopping and changing something then starting where you left off. You are talking about starting over so all the frames will match after you make changes.

I did the math and your taking 2.4 minutes per frame. That isn't bad at all. The only thing I can think of at this point is to add machines to use as render nodes or figure out a way to take what you have at the last possible moment and cheat it in editing.

JonW
04-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Without seeing what you are trying to render I would love to have 7 min a frame. Get another computer or 3 onto it. Check out the Screamernet forums, but this is something you really need to setup NOT when you are in the last throws of a job.

jeric_synergy
04-14-2011, 02:44 PM
throe (thr)
n.

1. A severe pang or spasm of pain, as in childbirth. See Synonyms at pain.
2. throes A condition of agonizing struggle or trouble: a country in the throes of economic collapse.

throw (thr)
v. threw (thr), thrown (thrn), throw·ing, throws
v.tr.

1. To propel through the air with a motion of the hand or arm.
2. To discharge into the air by any means: a machine that throws tennis balls; ash that was thrown by an erupting volcano.

Dexter2999
04-14-2011, 02:58 PM
really? spell checking in the forum?

(although "looser" when they mean "loser" makes me insane for some reason.)

JonW
04-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks, doing an architectural model through the night, brain somewhat impaired, actually I think impaled!

jeric_synergy
04-14-2011, 03:21 PM
(although "looser" when they mean "loser" makes me insane for some reason.)
You got yours, I got mine.