PDA

View Full Version : LW 9.6 Backdrop in Modeler disappears

Don Willits
04-14-2011, 12:43 PM
I'll load an image into my Top viewport, change viewports and the image disappears. Yes, I can reload the backdrop preset .cfg file... but I'm zipping in and out of that viewport constantly.

Is there a way, say, to create a keystroke macro so I can reload this at a keystroke command? Not much of a LScript person, seen references in past versions of LW to this type of solution using LSCript Commander, but don't see that in LW 9.6. What am I missing?

Thx!

jeric_synergy
04-14-2011, 04:11 PM
(can't launch LWM now, but) I think that's the case if use the dropdown.

Instead, use the quad view, and KEYPAD 0 to change views rather than the menu. Obviously, you "have" to hover your mouse over the appropriate view to get the one you want.

EDIT: actually, mine's persistent. How are you changing your view???
EDIT2: Oh, I see: if you change the direction between toggling between switching between Quad and individual, you can make the backdrop go away (although I had to work at it). yeah, use my tip above, and resist changing your preferred VP as much as possible. Use the Quad view like it's a menu of directions.

Danner
04-14-2011, 04:20 PM
it goes away if you use a single view to place an image, but persists when using quad view even after going in or out of single view later.