PDA

View Full Version : VT3 - SX8 - WIN2K - System unstable

eBrito
10-02-2003, 10:30 PM
Hi;

I got a new VT3 with a SX-8.
Before connect the SX-8 i played a lot with DDR's and it's was working great with a good performance.

After connect the doughter card and the SX-8 the system became unstable.

Twice i got an error message about the "WinRTME.exe".

Let me try to explain you:

When i click on VT3 icon to open it, it's so slowly, it's spending some minutes to open all panels and get ready.

In my tests, the SX-8 turned of twice, all leds become off and i lost the videos on VT3 monitors.
I restarted the machine and it works again.

BUT THIS IS THE PROBLEM:
After wait (a long time) to open all panels and get ready, i can see my cam 1 on preview monitor, if i change the preview to cam 2 and then, go back to cam 1, the cam 1 preview doesn't work anymore, even i click the number 1 on the main buss i can't get any video from cam 1.
The same thing happen with my 3 camcordes.

Could someone give me some help?
I really don't know what todo and i have a live production todo this weekend.

What i have:

Dual Intel Zeon 2.4
1Gb RamBus

Which panels i'm using openeds at the same time:
3 DDr's, switcher, vectorscope, keyer, background generator, audio mixer, file bin, 3 monitors (preview, key, program out)

I really apreciate your help.

eBrito
10-04-2003, 12:31 AM
I got it working well now.
the cables from computer to toaster was wrong, it gave me the previews.
I also disable the option "Enable desktop manager" on the nVidia driver and it's now faster.

dml
10-04-2003, 09:34 AM
Emerson, don't feel bad, this has happened to a lot of other Toaster users. Now that you know what happened and have corrected the situation, I'm sure you'll find that your Toaster system works extremely well for you.

Matt Drabick,
DigiTek Systems
Raleigh, NC