PDA

View Full Version : copying/mirroring hierarchies in 10.0

Baba
04-14-2011, 06:46 AM
Hi all,
It's been a while since my last post on this forum. (didn't have much to say and there are far more experienced users present to dispense advice :)).
I missed out on the 9. cycle, only played a bit with 9.6. I basically jumped from 8.5 to 10 and now I'm trying to get to terms with the bonetools, joints etc. RebelHill's excellent video tutorials are a great help with this. I have come across a few issues in 10. One of which, concerning the fact that the Graph Editor doesn't see the channels of simple point/orient constraints when you use more than 1 simple constraint on an object I fogbuzzed and Lino assured me this is going to be fixed in 10.1.
Another annoying thing occurs when copying or mirroring a hierarchy. A box appears saying "this option does not apply to the controller type". But when you click OK a few times the bone or object does get copied. Then the box reappears. So now I have to click this box 3 or 4 times for each object in the hierarchy. Has anyone else here come across this nuissance?

lino.grandi
04-14-2011, 07:44 AM
Hi all,
It's been a while since my last post on this forum. (didn't have much to say and there are far more experienced users present to dispense advice :)).
I missed out on the 9. cycle, only played a bit with 9.6. I basically jumped from 8.5 to 10 and now I'm trying to get to terms with the bonetools, joints etc. RebelHill's excellent video tutorials are a great help with this. I have come across a few issues in 10. One of which, concerning the fact that the Graph Editor doesn't see the channels of simple point/orient constraints when you use more than 1 simple constraint on an object I fogbuzzed and Lino assured me this is going to be fixed in 10.1.

Already done! ;)

Another annoying thing occurs when copying or mirroring a hierarchy. A box appears saying "this option does not apply to the controller type". But when you click OK a few times the bone or object does get copied. Then the box reappears. So now I have to click this box 3 or 4 times for each object in the hierarchy. Has anyone else here come across this nuissance?

This has been fixed too.

In the meanwhile, my advice for now is to set the alert level to LOW, so messages appear in the bar at the bottom of the screen and not in a pop up window (you can do that in the preferences/display options panel).

Baba
04-14-2011, 08:20 AM
Grazie mille Lino :)

lino.grandi
04-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Grazie mille Lino :)

You should thank NewTek, not me! ;)

(very good italian!)