PDA

View Full Version : LW- Community vs General Support

simonlion
04-13-2011, 12:03 AM
I usually post my questions in LW-Community, I still dont know the different between LW-Community, and General Support
Thanks
simon

jeric_synergy
04-13-2011, 01:13 AM
To me, community is group actions and group interests.

General Support are vague questions about the software, not covered in the other forum topics. (IMO, YMMV)

The topics DO need a re-thinking though: No "Surfacing" forum? And IMO all the closed stuff could be dropped to the bottom of the page. And the number of 'stickys' need to be reduced drastically.

prometheus
04-13-2011, 02:31 AM
If I have a question or issue with lightwave, I ask under general support,

If I want to enlighten the lightwave community of new plugins, happenings or something Ive done, or if I have a tutorial, that goes mostly under community, or if I know of a special trick..perhaps LW general techiques and tips and tricks.

If I would like to inform or hint of other software like vue, I put that under general discussions, along with ranting of non lightwave topics like what scifi show to watch for and discussions about other universal things:)

so I donīt really see why Itīs hard to distinct the forum threads from eachother here?

I would like the visual effects forum to be more active somehow thou, but thatīs mostly up to the community guys who currently work with some of the great visual effects to contribute to, donīt think we will see the avarage user pulling out great visual effects from the sleeve.

Michael