PDA

View Full Version : Layout export options trouble

nmajmani
04-11-2011, 04:00 PM
So I just downloaded the new Lightwave 10, but when I went to export my .mov animations, the setting is locked to only h.264 with no alpha. I tried to hit the options settings, but no window comes up. I would mainly like to add the alpha channel so I can work in compositing. I have a registered 10 code and dongle, so could someone please help me with this.

Thanks

nickdigital
04-11-2011, 04:12 PM
I would suggest working with an image format over a movie file. You could use something like 32tga or 32png.

nmajmani
04-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Normally I wouldn't mind that, but I have several shots (somewhere near 35), and I don't want to render thousands of images for these. Also, I would like control over compression settings.

nickdigital
04-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Ah I see. Well QT isn't supported on 64 bit so you're restricted to rendering with the 32 bit version of LW. I just tried rendering with the Animation codec setting set to millions+ and I got an alpha channel.

The problem with a single movie file is if your render dies during the process you have to start rendering all over again whereas with image frames you can pick up from the last good frame.

nmajmani
04-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Ah thank you. Opening in 32 bit mode fixed the problem.

Also thanks for the advice on rendering workflows. I'll take your advice under my belt.