PDA

View Full Version : tracking camera movements

swingrays
04-11-2011, 10:14 AM
I want to mimic a camera moving on a jib using a live set I built in LW, me in front of a green screen, and import that into After Effects. Is this possible?

swing

joseburgos
04-11-2011, 05:22 PM
You built a virtual set and want to load renders into AE to mimic a jib, yes you can do that but that's not a LiveSet question for this section.
Best if you post in the LW section of the forum.
That said, not to extend this thread in this forum but you should do a google search on YouVeelizer plug-in for AE. Also you would want to film using a jib with talent on green screen and then use a match move program like Syntheyes, to create the tracking data to be used in LW. Of course simple hide the talent behind props in the set to reveal as the camera comes around is a way to cheat and not use a jib.
Anyway the answer is yes but you will get lots of answers in the LW section.

Take care,

Eric Pratt
09-20-2011, 01:20 PM
You can also do lot of really amazing camera moves with intensiKey (http://www.intensikey.com). I make the sets for it in Lightwave and I've made the converter for Lightwave to Ogre work with the 32 bit versions of 9.6 and 10.
With a little work you could bring that set into intensiKey and have true 3D camera control and chromakeying in one easy to use package.