PDA

View Full Version : modeler camera in Layout

hansen
04-09-2011, 01:39 PM
How about a view port display that truly only shows the front face of polygons in the camera view. I set up views with the client for render and on larger models it would be great if the Layout camera could have one view setting that is wire frame but that does not show hidden geometry. No texture or shading but no bewildering jumble of layers of geometry either. Oh Yah. AND I love the way you can fly around a model in modeler. I was doing that the other day and the guy watching was like wow! This program is soooo nimble. Than I went to Layout and it was back in 1991. If you can move the camera that way in modeler, can't you make a layout camera that flys like that? Or how about being able to export the view from modeler to a camera in Layout?

jeric_synergy
04-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Perspective view/Center current item: ON.

What's wrong w/that?

thomascheng
04-10-2011, 09:02 PM
get one of those 3D mouse. Its the best way to do fly thru. 3D Space navigator.

http://www.3dconnexion.com/buy/shop.html?3dxcp=GA_search_google_US_SN

Works with Lightwave 10

hansen
04-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Perspective view/Center current item: ON."

That is not the camera view. And the experience is not the same. Or am I missing something? Do people render the Perspective view?
Most of what I want from lightwave are not new 3D cameras. They are things like a configure custom menu layout that doesn't have the tool on the command side of the configure menu change names when you drag it to the Menu side. And while your at it give all the tools to me in alphabetical order not in all of those questionably organized folders. Most of the tools placement in all those sub menus make little sense. Objects has one tool in it. One tool! That seems kind of a waste.
And another thing while your at it. Is there a way that we can assign shortcuts to the command key? This might be just a mac thing but on the key board I would not choose to use the control key as much as the command key. Or for that matter ever.

hansen
04-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Oh and those 3D mouses look cool! Thanks for the tip.

hansen
04-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Also in the Texture, Weight, Morph...etc. tabs. Change it so selecting, creating a new map appears at the top of the list instead of at the bottom of the list. When you have thirty or more maps it is a pain scrolling through them to get to the word "new" or "none"

Dexter2999
04-23-2011, 01:54 PM
That is not the camera view.

Neither is the one in Modeler.

hansen
05-10-2011, 07:20 AM
Yes, precisely. That is what I am asking for. A Layout camera that works like the perspective or Modeler viewports.

Also a curve or pen tool that works exactly like the path tool in Adobe Photoshop. That would be uber sweet. Sometimes I model shapes in photoshop and use the epsf loader to bring them into Lightwave. Be nice to cut out to middle man

Sensei
05-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Check out TrueArt website http://www.trueart.pl
and download free tool CameraMan plugin
It's allowing navigating in Layout using WSAD and arrow keys moving and rotating view.
Like in first person perspective 3D game.
It's very good tool for 3D game playfield makers.
If you will be holding AD keys while moving mouse, it'll be pretty much like in Modeler rotation (or use Motion Options and assign target item for a while when holding AD keys, when you have visitors).
Pressing WS is exactly like zoom in Modeler viewport.

zardoz
05-12-2011, 03:12 AM
maybe a simple target in the camera motion panel? set the target to the object you want and move the camera...

hansen
05-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Great Suggestions! Thanks. I would still like to see those things in the program though. This is Features request, not work around request after all.
So to reiterate.
1. Camera in Layout that works like view in perspective or modeler
2. Reorganize the configure custom menu so tools don't change names from one side of the menu to the other and you don't have things like an enter folder for just one tool and an alphabetical setting to help compensate for arbitrary Newtek creativity.
3.Make a curve tool that works like the path tool in Photoshop.
4. Move the "new or none" to the top of the list in the map selector tabs so that if you have 800 maps you don't have to scroll past 800 map names to get to the most used choice.
5.when you request inches as your unit of measure you don't get 12'3" as a distance you get 123" as the dimension. (Notice the use of inches there)
6. Maybe send out that DVD on rigging.
That last one isn't a features request but I would still like it.

hansen
06-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Suggestion 7
Is it possible to change the letter keyboard shortcuts so that (as a choice) they don't input the numeric fields.
EXAMPLE. You hit the T key shortcut when you are in rotate mode and instead of getting the move tool which you wanted, you have just changed the next numeric input. Easily undone, but I never use the T key or the Y key or most any keys in the numeric input thingy. What I do do is hit "enter or return" a zillion times a day to cycle through all of the inputs before changing tools. And I have seen others do this and curse every other time because they didn't hit enter the requisite 15 times to make it through the entire stack. I have even talked to other software users who don't use lightwave because they don't want to hit enter a million flipping times a day. Don't get me wrong I like hitting enter to change a setting I just want Lightwave to only see numbers (mostly) for input.