PDA

View Full Version : vue9.5 new cloud enhancements-youtube videos

prometheus
04-08-2011, 04:11 AM
some new cloud enhancements with cloud modulation and cloud zones, looks nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhwex8HkCpc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Im still waitng for vue to step up with the fractal/noise functions for cloud density, thereīs been little or no advancements over the course of vue versions, even thou you might think that the cloudīs are good enough, I would say that they are not and with such a small feature introduction such as an improved noise/fractal model Designed for clouds would make vueīs cloud much much more realistic.

If they have introduced that in to the new vue 9.5, I donīt know for sure.. but I donīt think so.

Michael

Mitja
04-08-2011, 04:28 AM
Maybe you have some experience with Vue Xstream... is it possible to paint echosystems directly in LW now?

prometheus
04-08-2011, 04:32 AM
Maybe you have some experience with Vue Xstream... is it possible to paint echosystems directly in LW now?

sorry donīt know about that:eek:

Michael

Phil
04-08-2011, 04:47 AM
some new cloud enhancements with cloud modulation and cloud zones, looks nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhwex8HkCpc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Im still waitng for vue to step up with the fractal/noise functions for cloud density, thereīs been little or no advancements over the course of vue versions, even thou you might think that the cloudīs are good enough, I would say that they are not and with such a small feature introduction such as an improved noise/fractal model Designed for clouds would make vueīs cloud much much more realistic.

If they have introduced that in to the new vue 9.5, I donīt know for sure.. but I donīt think so.

Michael

Not sure. I grabbed the pre-release last night, but have only had time to install it and hook up the plugins into the various versions of LW. I still need to do the same installation on my second machine and the rendernodes. I then need to play. Mind you, I'm still somewhat new to Vue and my learning time is split between getting mocap on to assets, continuing to pick up Maya, CityEngine and then Vue. A couple of hours a night doesn't go very far... :D I'm hopeful that the mocap R&D will disappear once I get a reply from the Animeeple people that tells me how I'm being stupid. That only leaves three apps to come to grips with.

I'm mildly surprised not to see a 9.4 release alongside, but they've been churning out the EEFs and updates for 9.0 at quite a pace, so perhaps that's replaced the idea of the .4 releases.

finaldetail
08-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Hey Phil,

Just wondering if you have had the chance to 'play' and how it has been going for you. Two hours a night can actually go further than you think as long as you stay consistent and want to learn. Some people only get one :-)

wildr3d
08-04-2011, 10:46 AM

Unfortunately you cannot currently. I read somewhere on a e-on forum that it has do to with the current SDK. Hopefully with the new focus on Lightwaves future we might see this feature.

Andyjaggy
08-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Whenever I see a product demo from E-on software it gets me excited, and then I remember the 6 months I did a big project in it............. I then just laugh and walk away.

evolross
08-04-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm hopeful that the mocap R&D will disappear once I get a reply from the Animeeple people that tells me how I'm being stupid.
Have you looked through the last couple pages of the Animeeple thread on here? (Titled "Animeeple").

It's working great with LW10.1 now that COLLADA support is working better. No more need to convert the Animeeple COLLADA export to FBX. You can bring it straight in now.