PDA

View Full Version : Quistion about FiberFX

khalid
04-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Hi all,
After creating guides using the Fiber fX in modeler, this is for a head that has hair, or a eyebrows etc.

I know how to use Fiber FX by applying the plugin onto the guides that I've created, but how can I attach the guides to a model of the head and allow it to deform with it in morphs, bones etc?!!

I mean this works fine with something that does not need to be animated, or has deformation on it's geometry...

Thank you

ary3d
05-30-2011, 12:26 PM
if you create different weightmap for a rig you need to apply the same weight to the guides, for the morph you need to apply the same deformation to the guides, also your guides need to be in the same layer, but this is a tricky thing because when you apply fiber fx the object disappears and there is only fur, the need for post is need it

I hope it helps

greetings, David

lino.grandi
05-31-2011, 02:19 AM
Hi all,
After creating guides using the Fiber fX in modeler, this is for a head that has hair, or a eyebrows etc.

I know how to use Fiber FX by applying the plugin onto the guides that I've created, but how can I attach the guides to a model of the head and allow it to deform with it in morphs, bones etc?!!

I mean this works fine with something that does not need to be animated, or has deformation on it's geometry...

Thank you

You should create morphs for the guides too, the link the morph you animate to the guides morphs. This way you'll see everything in real time while animating.

The faster way...just useHardlink to make the guides follow any head deformation. You get no real time in this case, since you need to "calculate" an "all fixed" ClothFX on the head.

But....if you calculate even just one frame, then go to the ClothFX options and click on Clear Motion, you should get Hardlink working in real time.

lightmann
05-31-2011, 04:16 PM
This is specially for Lino and the NT team.

Fiber FX work in two modes (procedural guides and modeled poly guides) with his own distibution modes(interpolated and guide radius based respectively). Both are necesary for good results but in the actual way dont gives us the best results, like in this case its hard to make the dinamics with modeled guides.

Why dont make a file format to import modeling poly guides into procedural based guides? in this way we can propagate UV map info of surface objects in our custom guides, o simply attach the guides without morph magic tricks avoiding any kind of sliding.
Also in the other hand exporting procedural guides(modeled in layout)with a file format could be a good way to exchange data for other models in another time ,avoiding recreate hair styles if the model change his topology or point count. A real job-time saver saver and productivity feature.
Oh,and of course this file format allow editing back and forth with all great Modeler tools.

-Other good things,besides the charge of guides could be change on the fly the way of distibution (interpolated or guide radius based).In this way the user that prefer edit guides in layout could gain the radius based distribution necesary for more controlled layered hair style ( generally composed by a base layer interpolated plus some not interpolated layers for natural irregularity like whiskers and custom traits.
In the actual state you can only disguise fur procedural distibution with not too much control for custom hair styles or even stylized fur.

Note: In the charge of guides could be good preserve the vertex data of the poligonal guide (uv strand map ,you know the uv that own the guides,weight map,or even all the vextex map for funky things) .

what do you thing about it ? Its possible?.
hope i was clear and ve sense for you.

oh, Nice work in FFX render times in 10.1 : )

lightmann
06-02-2011, 05:36 PM
well , I suppose the last message do not have any sense for NT.
Maybe i should try to hack this for myself but sure it could be better if its supported internally.
any comments pals?