PDA

View Full Version : VTC - NewTek LightWave 10 Tutorials

cgisoul
04-07-2011, 03:32 AM
Released Yesterday! 06-April
I'm not sure how good they are, but though would be good to spread the words for those in need as well.

http://www.vtc.com/products/NewTekLightWave10/Modeler/101297

evenflcw
04-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Probably not worse than any other beginner level video training. I watch 3 videos. He spoke clearly, covered the basics, even managed to mention some LW oddities without messing up and made no mistakes/lies. (I've noted even the most reputable trainers sometimes make mistakes and pretend to know when they obvious don't. Which is quite disturbing). But he doesn't go very deep in any of the available vids so it's kind of hard to judge how far his knowledge, skills and experiences stretches, and how much you'll actually be able to learn.

Interesting to note is that this training is project-based (from scratch to render) whereas another recent offering from Dan Ablan/Lynda.com is not. Which you prefer is obviously up to the kind of person you are and perhaps also where you are at. I would think if you haven't worked on anything yet, the projects will give you the jumpstart and the first hand experience of the LW workflow you need to get going. Whereas the non-project-based approach would fill you in on the bits you've not touched yet in the work you have already done, and work more as a video reference manual.

ZE_COLMEIA
04-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Maybe the plan is just make people feel the tool and defend theirselves in the wilderness.